Oh. Gosh, help me! basic file organization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh. Gosh, help me! basic file organization

I have verified all my links and have watched the simple bluevoda turorial. I have created a domain name that is available to see my website. Now I don't understand how to upload my pages into a file for Internet viewing. HELP! I am lost at the FTP stage! No more tutorials to watch! can you send me a reply via email as well just in case I can't find this thread. My email is beautifulwestvirginia******.com
    eek!

Re: Oh. Gosh, help me! basic file organization

I have emailed you.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

I don't think it reached me yet. I will check in another 15 minutes. Until then, I will see if I can figure it out. Thanks so much for your input!

Comment

First of all, you do not FTP your pages to publish them using Blue Voda.

Secondly, you need not foster a growing disdain for the video Tutorials, for they precisely detail all the proper steps to save, name, title, and publish your website.

Cutting corners, or mis-applying processes is not the way to go about doing anything, let alone the non-forgiving nature of buidling a website according to the protocols all computers operate within.

. VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Publishing your web pages on the internetFTP - How does BlueFTP work
          I reviewed both of these clips and did the steps for the first tutorial for each page I created. The second tutorial showed me how to create a new index.htm file in FTP then the last part of the tutorial said this is to up load txt or doc files not website pages. Since I did both and I still don't see my website up, I figured I needed to understand the cpanel feature. So I reviewed the tutorial, which put me through wizard and I finished that step. I saved all my files from my hard drive to the nhcmynix and public_html directories but I don't see it. So, maybe I named my files incorrectly. For example, one of my pages is called clinical. Maybe I need to rename it as www.jeffersoncountyhealthdepartmentwv.org/clinical. If I look at the properties for that file is says: C:/DeskTop/..../clinical. So, I do read the tutorials, I just don't see how FTP and cpanel relate to each other nor do I see how index.htm shows how files inter-relate either. This is why I need help. The scary thing to this is I did build a webpage about three years ago and used Cute FTP to upload all of my pages so I should know something, you'd think.

Comment

Anyone who has the patience to help me understand this process, I bow to your help. You can see other sites I have helped create or created at www.wilsonparrotfoundation.org and www.mexicofarmstackshop.com. Each software format is differrent and I am recalling on memory that isn't as good as it could be.

kc

Comment

ok, well, I have s****ped all of my deep thoughts and went to the ftp page site since I have experience in it. I have right clicked on a file on the left hand side of the FTP screen to delete it so I can start over, and it doesn't delete. I wanted to create a clean slate for the ftp site and this is not covered in a tutorial. I need to erase the left hand side, take off the bvp ending on my files, and reload them. At this point, I think I should put in for a "ticket" for help with my problem of publishing???

Comment

Hi .. if you are wondering how to publish your pages you have built with the blue voda software .. you publish them right from your web builder itself .. (no need to ftp any files unless they are a document of sorts, .pdf, .doc .. etc.) If you create a webpage, you publish this page as opposed to ftping it .. if you are used to other methods, you will find this one different ... it has a built in publisher ...

Your very first page needs to be named, saved and published as index ...

this will take you to your domain name ...

all other pages, you name, save and publish by a name chosen by you, all small letters, no spaces unless otherwise joined together by the use of the _underscore symbol ...

if you name a page *****s, you will apply the link to this page anywhere that you write it, as www.yourdomainname.com/*****s.html

Once you publish up your very first page named index .. you will see your site come live ...

The .bvp file you create with your webbuilder on your own computer, is automatically converted to .html when you publish ... the .bvp files remain on your computer ... the .html files will be in your control panel/filemanager as well.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                02036089024 / United Kingdom
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
                X