Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• links opening in inline frames - legal question

Hello,
    Is it legal to have a site that i've created a link to, open up in an inlineframe witin my own site.
    Thanks John

Re: links opening in inline frames - legal question

I do not see any problem with that. It would be like providing a link from your site to that site.

The only problem that I could see is if you were claiming that the other site is an affiliate site or if you are referencing that site as an endorsment to yours. Then the site might ask you to refrain.

Cheers-

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

I don't know about that legally - as you would be allowing their domain to open within yours. I know I wouldn't want to find that for my own sites.

What is the purpose of doing it?
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

.......Beth brings up a good point. And to further explain my point.....

Legally? Well, an I-Frame is nothing more than a "completed" link. The rub would be how it is being used and referred to.

In Beths example, if she were to stumble across a site that has links to any of her sites claiming that her sites support or are affiliates of of the displaying site- then Beth would come down like a hurricane on ya! But if she stumbled across a site that had links to her sites using them as examples of perfectly put together, SEO friendly / accurate sites -then I doubt she would have a problem with it.

It boils down to why and how you are using it.

Legally- again it would depend on its use. If you defame, slander or otherwise cause undue harm for that site, or make false claims- then yes I believe you could get into some trouble.

Andy
        PHP- is a blast!

Comment

yea I saw it done on an about.com site and was curious about it. I mean if I had a site open up in my inline frame that people like to spend time on ( lets say a gaming site.. ) and my header is on top with my ads then I would be making money while they enjoyed a game on another site ...thats why i was wondering if it was legal. I mean basically it's a way to keep people from never leaving your site or your ads but allowing them to serch for content on other sites.

I'm not planning on doing it but always curious..John

Comment

Well, to be honest, I probably wouldn't complain when about.com does it - as that's really great advertising for a site - and they often get the sites into the top of se's -

But, again, I still don't know the legalities of how it works.
            Beth
            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

I've seen this done on many sports sites, particularly for schedules and results .. webmasters bring the entire leagues schedule and results into their own website as a page from the leagues site, you would need to check with the site you want to bring in and ask for their code .. that's what I would suggest ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
              X