publish website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• publish website

Hi, My domain name is www.pcguarddogs.com. I am having trouble publishing my website and setting up my email account. I followed all of these steps:

1) Click the publish button on the upper toolbar (or file > publish)
    2) Change the server IP address to ensure that you are publishing
    to the right server.
    3) Enter your cPanel username.
    4) Enter your cPanel password.
    5) In the folder field leave the public_html.
    6) Hit publish.

I then logged on to Cpanel and tried to upload the pages I made in BlueVoda. I opened file manager like the tutorial told me to and put them in the home/username/public_html folder.

I am not sure what else to do. Am I missing something here? Do I have to wait a little bit longer for you to process my information?

Maybe that is the cause of my email not working yet, I will cross that bridge later.

Thank you ahead of time for your quick response as I am trying to have my website online before wednesday afternoon.

-Mike Hough

Re: publish website

Hi Mike

When did you order up your account, and are you saying you received the log in information for you control panel? As far as what you do with the pages you create in blue voda, you publish them, right from within the web builder - you do not upload these files via the control panel or ftp -

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

1) pcguarddogs.com is Not a registered domain name.
      2) You do not own pcguarddogs.com
      3) When you created your web hosting account , you claimed you already owned pcguarddogs.com, this was not correct data. You selected option B, You should have selected option A. Click the below to see what you did....

web hosting, order, buy, purchase, domain name options, free domain

Too make a long story short.....

I have now purchased pcguarddogs.com on your behalf and placed it in your account. Please allow a few hours for the name servers to propogate...Thank you for selecting VodaHost

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Now that's service ...!!!!!!!!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Ok so I seem to be having the same problem in one respect. I believe I do own my website www.floridathelastresort.com

Anyway, I did all the steps to publish but when I put the above address into a browser it just comes up with all the items I wanted to publish but in a list format starting with 'parent directory'.

So I must be doing something wrong - any ideas appreciated.

Michele

Comment

Originally posted by micheleros View Post
            Ok so I seem to be having the same problem in one respect. I believe I do own my website www.floridathelastresort.com

Anyway, I did all the steps to publish but when I put the above address into a browser it just comes up with all the items I wanted to publish but in a list format starting with 'parent directory'.

So I must be doing something wrong - any ideas appreciated.

Michele
            Republish your home page, and rename it index, lowercase, no spaces, that's all.
            Then when you enter your domain name it will come up, and all will be fine.
            Liz
            www.sebastopolparty.com
            www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Thanks Liz,

Did that and is working now, however none of my own links are (outside links are fine) so obviously I am very rusty so will look over those tutorials again.

Can you point me towards a thread or tutorial on how to 'unpublish' pages?

Many thanks for your help.

Michele

Comment

Hi Michele

You can simply publish an updated version over the previously published page .. or if you want to remove .. log into your control panel, go into file manager and then into your public_html directory and find the page and delete it .. if you do this through your control panel the page you delete will remain the recycle bin until you remove it from there - giving you an opportunity to restore the page if you chose one incorrectly ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

guys, I've read all these threads and it has helped, but i'm having a problem or two problems rather. if you type my domain name, you can see all the files; will having one file named index eliminate that problem?

also, i have other pages, under other names, which I want to place in a directory other than public_html. I"ve tried changing the name, and I've tried adding the name at the end, /name. Nothing works. This is the last step I need to be online, as I've finished al my pages, shopping cart, etc. Can anyone give me a hand on this and guide me a little? I'm new here so I don't know if I'll find my way back, my email is dribanez@nj13.com just in case :). Thanks! Dr. Ibanez, 12/17/07 @ 5:19 pacific

Comment

Re: publishing website

Hi,
                    I'm new to this - I created my pages using Blue Voda but looks like I can't publish it. Noticed that the File name comes as 'index.html.bvp' (after I ftp them to the host server) when I save it as 'index.html - is that the prob? If so how to resolve this?
                    If not, what else I should check. Any help is appreciated.

Sal.

Comment

I am new to BVP, and I don't know my what is my Server IP. I went back to my welcome email and it just showed my username but no IP Address, I was so desperate that I try every IP address on the Blue FTP with my username and password, and I am still unable to connect - I don't know what to do - can anyone help?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Ibanez View Post
                        guys, I've read all these threads and it has helped, but i'm having a problem or two problems rather. if you type my domain name, you can see all the files; will having one file named index eliminate that problem?

also, i have other pages, under other names, which I want to place in a directory other than public_html. I"ve tried changing the name, and I've tried adding the name at the end, /name. Nothing works. This is the last step I need to be online, as I've finished al my pages, shopping cart, etc. Can anyone give me a hand on this and guide me a little? I'm new here so I don't know if I'll find my way back, my email is dribanez@nj13.com just in case :). Thanks! Dr. Ibanez, 12/17/07 @ 5:19 pacific

Yes, once you publish a page called index to your public_html directory your website will work.

Now, I am not sure why you want to place other pages in another directory for your website?

A directory is merely a file folder ... but to publish pages to another directory you need to create this file folder firstly.

Log into your control panel, choose to go inside of the public_html directory and create a new folder - give it a name you choose ...

Then to publish pages to this directory instead you will add the name of the folder after public_html in your publishing box ...

If the folder was called homes - you would publish to public_html/homes

Now, remember too that the url you create for these pages will have to be the path to this new folder ... so you would have to type the url for these pages as http://www.yourdomain.com/nameoffolder/nameofpage.html

In my opinion, all pages relative to one website should be kept in their individual folder - e.g., - your main domain should all be within public_html directory and not create another. The only reason you would want to create another folder for example, is if you wanted to keep all of your images in one folder in your file manager - or if you felt you had too many pages for one directory.... or if you had certain pages that you wanted to protect, then you would create a password protected directory ..

Not sure why you want to do this, perhaps if you let us know your reason we could advise better.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Re: publishing website

Originally posted by Sayeed2007 View Post
                          Hi,
                          I'm new to this - I created my pages using Blue Voda but looks like I can't publish it. Noticed that the File name comes as 'index.html.bvp' (after I ftp them to the host server) when I save it as 'index.html - is that the prob? If so how to resolve this?
                          If not, what else I should check. Any help is appreciated.

Sal.
                          Hi Sayeed

To publish your website built with the blue voda software you will need to use the information contained in your log in information that you receive when ordering your voda hosting account. You cannot ftp up web pages, they need to be published and can only be published with your voda hosting account.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Originally posted by sweetj View Post
                            I am new to BVP, and I don't know my what is my Server IP. I went back to my welcome email and it just showed my username but no IP Address, I was so desperate that I try every IP address on the Blue FTP with my username and password, and I am still unable to connect - I don't know what to do - can anyone help?
                            You will need to use the exacty username, password and ip publishing address that you receive from voda host when you order your voda hosting account. Different registration than registering with this support forum. Please check under products & prices at the top of the forum to order your voda hosting account.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Originally posted by LadyEye View Post
                              Hi Michele

You can simply publish an updated version over the previously published page .. or if you want to remove .. log into your control panel, go into file manager and then into your public_html directory and find the page and delete it .. if you do this through your control panel the page you delete will remain the recycle bin until you remove it from there - giving you an opportunity to restore the page if you chose one incorrectly ...
                              Hello,
                              I tried this and succeeded to delete the correct file. That's on the plus side. Hip Hip Hurraaaaay! It doesn't take much to make me happy.

The negative side is that when I checked the site I found a list on the page, an index list.

I returned the index folder to its original place in the cpanel and things are back to normal.

But, How do I completely remove the site from the internet?

Thanks in advance,
                              Deet
                              h-denterprises.com
                              woodentoysonline.net
                              enjoythebirds.com

Comment

Working...
                              X