Publishing and IP Address issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Publishing and IP Address issue

I'm trying to figure out how to publish info about my new site being under construction. It appears as though the IP address I was given isn't included in the list when I try to publish it. As I was searching previous posts, I came across one that indicates that with new IP addresses being added all the time, that I would need to reinstall BV. If that is true, and I reinstall BV, will I lose the content I put into it already and will that fix the problem?

Re: Publishing and IP Address issue

No, you will not lose anything you have created. Reinstalling BV just reinstalls the sitebuilder, and doesn't affect your built pages, saved files, etc.

And yes, that should fix the problem.
    Liz
    www.sebastopolparty.com
    www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

I'm so glad somebody asked this question but I want to be 100% clear before I proceed and obliterate weeks worth of work on my website. I too am ready to publish but my IP address does not exist in the drop down menu provided. Are you saying that I must go back to BV, redownload the entire program, that all my website info will remain intact, and I can then publish? If I do this, won't the program, (like so many downloads) uninstall the old one in order to install the new one. And if so, it seems to me all my work would go down the tubes! Can someone please explain this to me and put my fears to rest. Thanks

Jenny
      maupincopywriting.com
      content writing for websites and more!

Comment

I just reinstalled BV and it worked and saved what I had out there (although I didn't have much in there to begin with).

I went to this link and answered a few questions and BV automatically provided the link to download the most recent IPs in it: http://www.vodasupport.com/index.php...d=8&parentid=0

ANeAssistant.com

Comment

Originally posted by jennylm5000 View Post
          I'm so glad somebody asked this question but I want to be 100% clear before I proceed and obliterate weeks worth of work on my website. I too am ready to publish but my IP address does not exist in the drop down menu provided. Are you saying that I must go back to BV, re download the entire program, that all my website info will remain intact, and I can then publish? If I do this, won't the program, (like so many downloads) un install the old one in order to install the new one. And if so, it seems to me all my work would go down the tubes! Can someone please explain this to me and put my fears to rest. Thanks

Jenny
          Hi, All should be ok with a new download of BV without loss of files. But so many members have lost sites for other reasons through not backing up there BV folder & images.
          Always better to be safe.
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

thanks everybody!!!!

Jenny
            maupincopywriting.com
            content writing for websites and more!

Comment