X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printable Form

Hi,

I am new to BV & would like to know how I can achieve the following:

We will be advertising our house for rental, www.ourdordogneholiday.co.uk & would like a booking form that the client can print, complete & post to us along with their deposit. I have looked at the tutorials but the form builder from BV is not exactly what we need. Our booking form will give us information such as: number of guests & ages, dates/weeks required, contact info for clients etc. Is there a way of creating a printable form in BV or should I try to create one in word, if so, how do I then get a word document onto my booking form page in my website?

Thanks,
    Linda

Re: Printable Form

Hi, for just a printable form you can create one using the form tools of the form menu bar. LINK to see result.

But you would be better off having a form that reply s direct via email. & if you wanted an extra button to allow the end user to print a well.

Worth a look at this thread LINK to see if making a form would be better. If it seems a bit daunting, you can always ask Naval to install it for you. (He is very reasonable).

Good luck.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

O.K,

Well I've managed to create a form in BV but cannot understand any of the threads which tells you how to install a print button. Can someon please explan it to me in basic terms as reading all the threads has now got me really confused!!!

Thanks you very much from a very dumb blonde!!!!
      Linda

Comment

Hi, pop the code below the line in a html box & preview for a test.
        With a print button it is worth popping a note on the page suggesting
        Ctrl & P
        or
        file>print page.
        As some of the codes wont work in old browsers.
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------

<SCRIPT Language="Javascript">

function printit(){
        if (window.print) {
        window.print() ;
        } else {
        var WebBrowser = '<OBJECT ID="WebBrowser1" WIDTH=0 HEIGHT=0 CLASSID="CLSID:8856F961-340A-11D0-A96B-00C04FD705A2"></OBJECT>';
        document.body.insertAdjacentHTML('beforeEnd', WebBrowser);
        WebBrowser1.ExecWB(6, 2);//Use a 1 vs. a 2 for a prompting dialog box WebBrowser1.outerHTML = "";
        }
        }
        </script>

<SCRIPT Language="Javascript">
        var NS = (navigator.appName == "Netscape");
        var VERSION = parseInt(navigator.appVersion);
        if (VERSION > 3) {
        document.write('<form><input type=button value="Print this Page" name="Print" onClick="printit()"></form>');
        }
        </script>
        Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi Chris,

Have added my print button then right clicked to get to HTML but which tag do I insert the script, before tag, inside tag or after tag?

Cheers,
          Linda

Comment

Hi, no button needed. Open a BV html box (top left side menu) Place on page & d/Click on the box. You will get a html properties box appear. Pop the code above in this box & press ok. Preview page.
            Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

good work all ye guys here! but how do i start my own website. must i register the domain first, or design with BV and thereafter register my domain?

Comment

Originally posted by eggchumen2 View Post
                good work all ye guys here! but how do i start my own website. must i register the domain first, or design with BV and thereafter register my domain?
                You can do whatever you like. Please note that you will need a VH hosting account, not only a domain name.
                Purchasing a hosting account, you also get a domain name registration for free.
                Navaldesign
                Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
                X