new form

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new form

i have an add on website called www.chessinstructor.org. I know I added on correctly and changed the nameserver correctly as the site is live. On my index page i have a simple form buy am getting an error message when i fill out the form. I am also getting an error message when i type in www.chessinstrutor.org/thankyou.html
    what am I doing wrong again.
    thanks, mrmagoo144
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Re: new form

Magoo..

If you are following the tutorial by Naval, the THANK YOU should be named action.php and the page properties set to action. It can still say THANK YOU on the page, but you have to run the script on a php. Your form has to be set to run this action.php as well.

Hope it helps

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

My website is doing the same thing. When I go in and hit the submit button it tells me there is an error 404. action/php not found. I followed the tutorial step by step. PLease help
      carrolltonac.com

Comment

mrmagoo-

As Karen has stated- pay close attention to the tutorial and the naming of the pages. The page that displays your Thank You message is actually named action.php and that is where you will place the php code.

You have the form's action named correctly. Take the page that you named thankyou.php and change it to action.php and it should work then.

taranoyes-
        Your form is now correctly built- good job. No it is important to complete the page that will contain your Thank You message. Create that page and place the php code in it as instructed. Then save it as action.php
        Then publish to the server.
        That should do it.

Always make sure your spelling is correct and matches exactly. Another common mistake is to forget to set the page property to php from html

Cheers-
        Andy
        PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Working...
        X