Backup BV files locally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backup BV files locally

I know that the Cpanel has several backup services; but my question is this:

I purchased a "Flash Drive", (sometimes called a memory stick), so that I could have a backup to my hard drive and also the online VodaHost server. OK, sounds like overkill, but I still wanted to do it! Anyway, when I try to save the BV files to the "stick"; it says that it can not handle that type of document!

Anybody know why??

Thanks,

Re: Can't Backup BV files locally

It doesnt recognize that file format. Just zip them before you put them on the flash drive.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

????? A file is a file, flash drives do NOT attempt to open a file, so there should not be any format recognition issue. Simply drag and drop in the pen drive, it should work with ANY pen drive.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

That was my thought, exactly, Nav! I'll give it another try using the drag & drop.
        Thanks Karen, if all else fails; I'll zip 'em!

Comment

Drag & Drop worked just fine, Nav. Thanks a lot!
          I originally tried to use "save as" from BV builder and selected the "memory stick". But that doesn't work! Thanks again.

Comment

Strange. That should also work. Try it again (though Drag and Drop is much faster, copying many files at once instead of saving one at a time)
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Well.. Windows does strange stuff sometimes, and perhaps it was trying to use a windows program to SAVE. I dont have that issue, but ive seen stranger things occur. It could also be hes running some software MANAGER that applies to his flash drive instead of windows drag and drop. I have a bluetooth port, that every now and then pops up when im doing something because it thinks its associated with that file format or operation, even tho ive changed its settings a hundred times. I think it has more to do with USB port associations and what was last plugged in there.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
              X