Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enlarging Images

Hi,

Is there a way that customers can enlarge an image without me having to create a gallery. All I want is for the customer to have an option to enlarge an image which when prompted will open a new window?

Thanks,
    Linda

Re: Enlarging Images

dont know if these are the best ways but both shold work

1.create a new page and put the larger image on it.

go back to your page with the small image and link the image to the new page you have created for the larger image.

when a user clicks the small image, they are taken to the new page and see the large image. Put a link in there where they can go back to the small image page if necessary.

or

2. the lightbox feature of BV will do this for you as well

regards
    Golfnut

Comment

Hi Golfnut,

Have tried the lightbox feature but as one of my pages has 12 images, it's all too cramped once I have added the lightbox.

As regards to the other option, I assume that I will have to create a new page with the larger image for all of my pictures (approx 22 of them) ??? O.M.G !!!

Thanks,
      Linda

Comment

Hi,
        if you have a lot of this to do on your site? Create a folder in your public_html directory called images1. (Just keeps things tidy)
        Now create a large image (lets say 650’ishX450’ish) Save this & upload to your site via ftp & place it in the new images folder. (public_html/images/)
        You can place any of your images in this folder that you want as a popup.
        (Remember to run any images through an optimizer like Pixresizer) Keeps the pages loading fast.

Now create a small image at maybe 200x200 & place on your BV page.
        (Do not use the blue handles for resizing your images) It makes a mess of the image & slows the page down.
        Once you have the image on the page, D/Click on the image to get at the properties area & click on the link tab.
        Now remove the http:// in the url field & place the code below in this box. Remembering to replace the url below with your new image.

#" onClick="window.open('http://www.yoursite.com/images1/yourimage.jpg', '','width=670,height=470,left=120,top=150'); return false;"

You can just enter /images1/yourimage.jpg in the code above, but it won’t work in preview.

May all sound a bit long winded, but is far more flexible & will enable lot faster loading of pages.

Sample of popup here.

Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi Chris,

does the method you suggest above work with images with the .png extension as i was trying something like this before and got it working with .jpg and .gif but no joy with .png
          i can get .png to work on the site no prob, just when i try linking to them like this there seems to be an issue.
          I am not great with graphics so there may be a obvious answer to this if so im sorry.

regards
          mike
          Golfnut

Comment

Hi Mike, png shouldn't be a problem. Have swapped the center image over on this link to just make sure. LINK
            Not sure why? but sometimes the png gets changed to PNG, & this can mess things around.
            Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi Chris, you are probably right there, i can get the .png to work and then suddenly one day it stops working, i never checked the .PNG extension to see did it change but i will keep an eye out for it.
              Thanks & Regards
              Mike
              Golfnut

Comment

Hi Chris,

Looks a bit daunting but I'm gonna have a go!!!! Wish the blonde luck???!!!

Thanks,
                Linda

Comment

Working...
                X