Please check out my first site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please check out my first site

I'm a novice, so your help is very much appreciated. My site is nothing fancy or colorful. I am just trying to communicate with our club members or potential new members in a simple format.

You will see that several of my pages are still under construction. I need help with learning how to link Jalbum pictures to my site. Also, I can create PDF files, but I don't know how to upload them or provide links to download.

www.cmlfclub.com

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Re: Please check out my first site

Hi There

Your site looks good, easy to navigate.

It takes a while to load because of the size of the pictures on the homepage. May need to resize them a bit.

There is a tutorial on loading PDFs in Blue Voda so I would advise checking that out.

I would consider removing the e-mail addresses of your members as you are leaving them wide open to spam. You might consider having a password protected area for this information as well as the Club Minutes.

Overall the site is looking good and you are doing a great job.
    Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.

Comment

Thanks. I'm glad you pointed out the email problem. Can you point me in the right direction on how to have a password protected area? I probably need to do this next. Is there a tutorial?

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Hi again deebetty

Yes, I believe there is a Tutorial or do a search on the forum for "Password Protected Pages" etc.
        Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.

Comment

Hi, Phil is right to suggest putting this behind closed doors. But change the list to an image. (Screen shot) Then no BOTS will be able to read it.
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks Chris, saving as a screenshot sounds like a great idea. I really don't want to get into the area of requiring passwords,etc., if I can get around it somehow. It seems complicated. I will try to make this happen soon. Thanks to you and Phil both for helping.

www.cmlfclub.com

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post
              Hi, Phil is right to suggest putting this behind closed doors. But change the list to an image. (Screen shot) Then no BOTS will be able to read it.
              Chris, I don't know how to change my list to a screenshot. The original is a MSExcel worksheet. Is there an easy way to go from Excel to a screenshot? MSExcel documentation does not seem to cover this.

Comment

Working...
              X