Formmail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Formmail

Anyone know how to create an email from a form filled out online? New to programming. I found "Formmail" and it talks about creating a .cgi script....can this be done in .txt editor like notepad or do I need a scripting program?

Re: Formmail

It can be done many different ways. I believe you can make a cgi script with notepad, but you can also send email with php. If you go to hotscripts.com you can probably find both a cgi script and a php script to do it.

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Originally posted by dgbk
      Anyone know how to create an email from a form filled out online? New to programming. I found "Formmail" and it talks about creating a .cgi script....can this be done in .txt editor like notepad or do I need a scripting program?
      Forms and email sending from forms are a rather complex question. There is an entire forum in this Community. Go there to find answers. The easiest way is to find a Form Proccessing Script Genarator, or, if your form is rather simple, follow the link http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/showthread.php?t=933
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Almost all cPanel hosting server providers come with pre-installed cgi scripts. I noticed that VodaHost cPanel has no cgi scripts installed.

What is the process to have FormMail script installed onto the server?

Comment

What would you need formmail for ? VH supports php mail() and we also have ana excellent form processor for free: Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor

Also, in the Treasure Chest, you have Form Maker Pro

Last, if you insist on using a CGI script, you have Sendmail preinstalled.

If you need to install FormMail simply create a cgi-bin folder inside your public_html and install FormMail there. Look at the script help files for instructions.
          Navaldesign
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks for your reply and your a lot more helpful than your Customer Support Team. I sent in a tcket yesterday and it took them all day to respond by telling me that the CGI Script has been disabled from the server because of security risks and that I should just go online and download a another script! what kind of support team is that????

My dilema is that my form pages are already created. I'm simply moving from one hosting server to another. Almost all hosting server providers come pre-installed with FomMail. A very simple script.

I tried everything you mentioned (downloaded created forlder "ABVFP" in the public_html folder and tried to install your "BlueVoda Form") no luck either, error message.
            Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request. etc.............

I also put the formmail.pl file into the cgi-bin folder and same results.

The problem is that the CGI needs to be configured on my server in order for any of these scripts to work.

How do I go about fixing this problem if your Voda Host customer support service takes days to reply back and give useless advice?????????

Comment

You are on a VH server, right ? So, all necessary conditions for ABVFP to work exist. The error message you get is a typical error encountered when, during upload of the files on the server, the ABVFP folder changes (for a whatever reason) to simething else than the correct 755.

Connect with FTP and change the ABVFP folder permissions to be 755. The files inside the folder itself, need to be 644, so check that also. At this point ABVFP WILL work (after installation).

Usually FormMail can be easily configured because it works with sendmail (which IS installed on all VH servers) . Please read http://www.scriptarchive.com/readme/...tml#setting_up

However, and i insist, ABVFP will allow you to easily setup your form, very easily.

If you have problems, contact me through my site and i will see what your problem might be.
              Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
              X