Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• published the wrong page

hi everyone,
    it's my first visit here..hope the forum is effective as it seems.
    i'm dealing with the beginning of my web site
    i've published an "under construction" page about a month ago.(which i ment to publish for a short term (as a temporary page until i find the time to build my site ..i can't remember it's name, and cant find it on my computer)
    a few hrs ago, i've created a new page (which is also temporary, i named it "index")
    here's the Q : my intention was to replace the the first temp. page i created with the new temp. page (named "index") when i published the "index" page, i got a "published succefully " notification, but on the web i saw the old one appear. and no sign of the new "index".
    is there an option to undo a publish ? can i "erase" the first temp. page ? though i dont have it on my computer ?
    what is the problem ?
    since HTML means chinese to me, maybe some one can revel the page name to me ? here's the HTML of the first temp. http://www.artisteam.com
    or any other suggestions ?
    many tnx,
    kiki

Re: published the wrong page

Is this your only VH site? If so, then you should be publishing to public_html - and if the page is named index - then it should be overwriting this if you have the correct IP address.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hi kik,

Just to clarify, "Name" is not the same as "Title". To "Name" your page is to "save as", in lower case letters, and this is what you publish your page as.

Comment

Hi kik,

I can see you "Titled" your page "INDEX", but did you "Name" it "index"? To name, click "File", "Save As", and save your page as "index" (all lower case), then publish.

Comment

Working...
        X