Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MySQL Connection Error

Hello Everyone,

This is my first post and I wish I didn't have to. I've tried many (many) avenues to find the source of my problem but just can't seem to find the solution.

I go into my cpanel, into MySQL database section, and all five of the databases I've created give the following error:

Connection Strings Perl $dbh = DBI->connect("DBI:mysql:rwwzeyuq_ABVFP:localhost","rww zeyuq_Michell","<PASSWORD HERE>"); PHP $dbh=mysql_connect ("localhost", "rwwzeyuq_Michell", "<PASSWORD HERE>") or die ('I cannot connect to the database because: ' . mysql_error());
    mysql_select_db ("rwwzeyuq_ABVFP");

I've done so much reading I'm just confused now. I see the part where it says "PASSWORD HERE" and think this is the problem. Is this fixed in the dbConfig.php file? If so, where is that file supposed to be located because I cannot find it. If the dbConfig.php file is supposed to be there and isn't, how do I get it back?

If that's not the issue, can someone possibly tell me what I'm doing wrong?

A second slightly related question:

I notice that the MySQL version that came with my purchase of VodoHost software is 4.1.22, but I see from the MySQL website, that there is now version 5.0. Is it important that I do an upgrade, or should everything be okay with the VH issued version?

Many thanks to anyone that can respond and assist.

Michelle - http://www.ilikelinx.com

Re: MySQL Connection Error

Ok, i believe that you are a bit confused.

This is NOT an error.

What you see (and you have posted above), is the connection code for your databases. Specificaly, for the ABVFP database that you refer to, the connection code in php should be:

$dbh=mysql_connect ("localhost", "rwwzeyuq_Michell", "<PASSWORD HERE>") or die ('I cannot connect to the database because: ' . mysql_error());
    mysql_select_db ("rwwzeyuq_ABVFP");

Now,

rwwzeyuq_Michell is your Database username

PASSWORD HERE must be replaced with the actual password that you provided for the user rwwzeyuq_Michell

rwwzeyuq_ABVFP is your database name.

As you see, CP adds your Control Panel username rwwzeyuq_ before the Database name and the Database username

Now, this is just an example connection code. In most cases, when you use a ready made script (like ABVFP that you are mentioning above) the installation wizard of the script will take care of everything, you only need to provide, during the installation these for pieces of info:

Host : localhost
    DB Name : rwwzeyuq_ABVFP (in this case, could be different if another DB was to be used)
    DB User : rwwzeyuq_Michell (in this case)
    DB password : whatever you have provided as password, when you created the user in the database.

Would you mind explaining excactly what is your problem ?

regarding the MySQL version: you can't update it your self, VH will do it as is gradually passing from v 4.3 to 5.x

In most cases it will not make any diference, unless you are using a script that makes specific use of some commands that are exclusive to v.5.x

ABVFP specifically, will work ok with any version
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Sorry navaldesign,

I should have mentioned that I'm a newbie, and I very much appreciate your quick response.

Regarding the "<PASSWORD HERE>"); message, it's always there even though the dbts_ABVFP_config.php has always had the following information put in:

<?
      $dbts_username="Michelle";
      $dbts_password="XXXXXXXX";
      $dbts_ownersite="http://www.ilikelinx.com";
      $dbts_owneremail="contact@ilikelinx.com";
      $db_host="localhost";
      $db_name="rwwzeyuq_ABVFP";
      $db_user="rwwzeyuq_Michelle";
      $db_password="XXXXXXXX";
      ?>

Now, the one form created in ABVFP (contact us) on my site does work (with the exception of receiving an auto-response), but I'm still getting that "<PASSWORD HERE>"); message in MySQL. Is there another file I have to edit to fix this?

I guess the main problem is, is that scripts don't seem to be working properly, or most likely, I'm doing something wrong. For example, votepro. I first created the database 'votepro', added the above user and password. Downloaded the file from the VH site, extracted the folder and uploaded it to my public_html. I changed the config.php file permissions to 666. I then go to http://www.ilikelinx.com/votepro as directed, and I get the following error:

"Internal Server Error The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request. Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@ilikelinx.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
      More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

On a side note, the MySQL db for rwwzeyuq_votepro is still showing the "<PASSWORD HERE>"); message.

Any suggestions? What am I missing here?

Thanks a bunch for your time,

Comment

As I explained, it is normal, it is just the connection code that CP provides you with . It will appear for ANY database (not only ABVFP) that you will setup in your account. It has NOTHING to do with your problems. CP displayes <PASSWORD HERE> instead of the real password, to protect you (someone else might see that while you are connected to this page, and then use it to gain access to your databases).

Votepro: it seems that you have a permissions issue: try setting the entire Votepro permissions to 755 and the permissions of the files inside the folder, in 644,
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hello,

Thanks a lot for clearing that up, it's assuring to know that it is supposed to be there.

As for Votepro, the votepro folder is set to 755, the image folder is set to 755, and all files inside (with the exception of config.php as 666) are set to 6-4-4.

I do see though that the file size of config.php is 0kb, is it supposed to be empty?

Is there anything else that could be the issue? This is getting really frustrating!

Thanks again Navaldesign,

Comment

Working...
          X