X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• confused with index page link

Hey

I have got 2 questions .

1) I published my pages yestrday but facing a problem now.when i type in my site address www.nasayemalkhaleej.com the intro page which is www.nasayemalkhaleej.com/intro.html should open BUT instead of that www.nasayemalkhaleej.com/index.html opens . I cannot try to figure out where i have messed up with the links on those pages.Could someone point out how i can change this to make www.nasayemalkhaleej.com/intro.html appear on the screen when anyone types the address www.nasayemalkhaleej.com and not the index page ????

2) the images are taking a lot of time to download ,Is there anyway i can avoid that??
    i am providing a link to the page www.nasayemalkhaleej.com/contactus.html ,i have put adrotator box on this page and it takes tooo much time downloading all 8-9 pics and hence before the pic can be seen the ad changes to another pic because downloading takes time.

Any reply would be highly appreciated

Re: confused with index page link

Hi - your domain url - has to point to the page named index

You could only change this by making a redirect from your index page to your intro page - this is done in your control panel ..

In so far as your pictures, things load instantly for me, so perhaps you have fixed this, but you can resize and optimize your images before loading into your rotator ..

Voda host offers a free pix resizer found here ...

An on line image optimizer, which will also help, can be found at www.dynamicdrive.com

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by LadyEye View Post
      Hi - your domain url - has to point to the page named index

You could only change this by making a redirect from your index page to your intro page - this is done in your control panel ..

In so far as your pictures, things load instantly for me, so perhaps you have fixed this, but you can resize and optimize your images before loading into your rotator ..

Voda host offers a free pix resizer found here ...

An on line image optimizer, which will also help, can be found at www.dynamicdrive.com

Hey Ladyeye,

I was away for few days and hence could not login to the forum.
      Firstly would like to thank you deeply,the image loading issue got resolved with the pixresizer.
      But i have not been able to work out on the intro page problem.
      I tried redirecting from the cpanel but it did not help me.

I will try to explain once again where i am getting stuck.

my website is www.nasayemalkhaleej.com .When this address is typed the index page opens which is my home page (www.nasayemalkhaleej.com/index.html) .Instead of this page opening i want www.nasayemalkhaleej.com/intro.html to open which has a redirect to the index page when the user clicks on the flash movie.

how can this be resolved????

Thanks once again Ladyeye for resolving the image loading problem,i am really greateful to you.

Comment

If you want the intro page to open - you have to make THAT your index page - and then make the other page say "home" - and have the redirect to it. The page that opens via the website name HAS TO BE named index.

(with exceptions if you make it a redirect from the index - but you cannot redirect TO the index).
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
        X