This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vanishing Files In FTP

Hi All! I opened up my FTP manager and connected tonight to find that all my sub directories under public html are missing except for the screenshots folder. This is very bad. This happened once before a few months back, but the only file that went missing was my zip file folder. Still have not located that one, though the downloads are still working. Location of this sub directory is nowhere to be found though. Same problem this time around only more sub directories missing! I have done nothing different and have not altered the files in any way before tonight. This is a pretty big problem. Thanks for your HELP!!!
    Sincerely,
    Farmboyzim
    www.farmboyzimsflightsims.com

Re: Vanishing Files In FTP

Files do not just "magically" vanish. Sorry for the silly question, but are you looking in
    the correct directories? Also does anyboy else have your username and password....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Also we back up your site...If you want we can do a restore from back up. Please also
      keep back ups of your own.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

There's no such thing as a silly question! Well, maybe sometimes! Here's where I'm looking; I connect in the FTP Manager and I open the public_html folder, where everything used to be. The only folder there now is one called screenshots, and there's .jpg files listed there also. This is totally different than the configuration yesterday. Do you have any idea why this would change like this? The only thing that is different is that I have changed my home page look, but it is still named index.html. No one else has access to the site information.

I have published some changes tonight, and they seem to be ok and displaying on the web, but there is no listing of them in the FTP Manager. Also, from practice with looking for my keys, I looked in every folder for any of these files and could not find them.

A "restore job" from your end would be great! As soon as you do this, I will certainly back up my files! Will this restore change things back to what they were before, and not include any changes or updates that I have done so far, or will everything be ok and smooth as silk?

Thanks for your help, I sure do appreciate it!
        Sincerely,
        Farmboyzim

Comment

Please open a support ticket and request a back up restore. This will divert your entire site to what it was 7 days ago. Nothing is smooth a silk but Thai Airlines.
          Last edited by VodaHost; 12-11-2005, 07:37 PM.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

So if I Understand correctley the back up will restore things to the way they were 7 days ago. Will I lose the work then up to this poing? I was wondering about something when publishing. I publish a page, the page shows up and works properly, but where are the .html files going? There not displaying in FTP. They've got to be somewhere, but they are in none of the files displayed in FTP. I'm going to hang on for a moment on the backup restore, and try to work out where these files are going! I don't want to lose the work that I've done up to this point on the site. Thanks for your help and any ideas on where these files are going!
            Sincerely,
            Farmboyzim

Comment

look in your file manager in your cpanel.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

All the files are in the Cpanel but I still do not see them listed in the FTP Manager. I see the three "Zip Folders" that I've had to create when they "vanish" out of my FTP listed in the Cpanel File manager, but again, no listing in FTP. How can I get them back into FTP so that I can transfer zip files to the appropriate folders?
                Thanks again! I'm probably hitting something with my big ham fist and not realizing it! It is a weird problem though that I need to figure out!
                Thanks...
                Sincerely,
                Farmboyzim

Comment

if they are in your file manager all is well, what ftp software are you using?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I'm using the FTP manager that came with blue voda. I also have smart ftp, but it tells me the same thing. No folders in the directories.
                    Sincerely,
                    Farmboyzim

Comment

If you can login to the CPanel and see them via file manager they file are there and healthy.

The issue now rests with your computer or you. I dont know whats going on. But since
                      your files are on the server I do not know what else to say.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

try rebooting

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Well I tried rebooting with no success in locating my folders in blueFTP or Smart FTP. I went ahead and created a new folder and named it ZIPS in the public_html directory. I then went on to create sub directories in the folder named ZIPS to reflect the different catagories of aircraft. When I went back, or up a level to the ZIP folder, it was no longer showing in the list in blueFTP or SmartFTP. They were, however, sitting there inside the Control Panels FTP Manager.

In the past, I have simply dragged and dropped zip files from one location to the appropriate folder under the zip files folder. Has the procedure changed? I realize folders don't "magically disappear", lol, but without being able to see the folder in blueFTP, I'm not sure how I will be able to upload my zip files. Should I use the cPanels FTP manager and browse and upload from there?

I have run various utilities to tune up the system and to see if there is anything misbehaving, but all seems well.

I sure appreciate the help you folks are giving!
                          Hoping to figure this out! Thanks!
                          Sincerely,
                          Farmboyzim

Comment

Originally posted by VodaHost
                            If you can login to the CPanel and see them via file manager they file are there and healthy.

The issue now rests with your computer or you. I dont know whats going on. But since
                            your files are on the server I do not know what else to say.
                            blueFTP is a utility through you folks, is it not?
                            This is where my problems are. Within blueFTP.
                            Sincerely,
                            Farmboyzim

Comment

There are no problems with BlueFTP or else there would be many people reporting it.
                              Remember you are having the same issue with Smart FTP.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                              X