Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to create a Pilot's Report Form

Hello All!
    I would like to create a page where folks that fly for my virtual airline, can submit flight reports, I.E. Flight Number and Hours flown, etc, and have it show up on the site as soon as they submit. Is there a way of creating a form to do this? Is this an "FTP" type of action? Am I giving you enough info? lol! I'm a bit hazy on this so I appreciate any suggestions! Thanks much!
    Sincerely,
    Farmboyzim
    www.farmboyzimsflightsims.com

Re: Need to create a Pilot's Report Form

The viper guestbook used to be good for this, as with a little know how and fiddling with editboxs you could get the form to to add different feilds so you would get what you wanted, i used it for a book reveiw with great effect. but the last i heard viper guestbooks had gone. but still if you can find another one that lets you edit the input boxs then thats the way to go.

Comment

Farmboyzim-
      Yes there is a way. You would need a customized php script. You would need a db to store the info from the form and then pull it from the db and display it. You could have a script that simply takes the info and displays it - if you do not need to have the old info for any reason.

If you could- create the form that you want people to fill out and I will see if I can create a simple method to accomplish what you are trying to do. Please tell me how you invision the display looking and the space that it is to occupy ( ie. in an I-Frame rectangle area 400x200 ?)

We'll see what we can do.

PS- it may take me a couple days to write/test it.

Andy
      PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Thanks much gang for the info! I will look into both options.

Andy...Please let me get some info together for you and I will get back to you on this. You are very kind and generous to help us PHP challenged folks out here! I got the "Dummies" book just recently on PHP but I am just starting to wade thru it. Again thank you VERY MUCH and I will be in touch!
        Sincerely,
        Farmboyzim

Comment

Not a problem at all. Naval has adopted me as his php illiterate son and has helped me tons!!!! Just paying forward.

I actually had a script that does exactly what you want. No need to make the form. Just tell me the following as the script is already made and only needs minor tweeking to be up and running.

1- The site's URL that it will reside on. Example- www.mydomain.com and if you would prefer it to be in its own folder www.mydomain.com/flight_logs

2- color scheme. Provide a url and I will take a look and try to match
          3- area the I-frame will reside (ie- 400 X 300 or what ever)
          4- Field names and and example of the anticipated input. Example-
          Flight number - 101
          Pilot - Farmboyzim
          Flight Time - 2 hrs

This particular form allows for a simply display table to list the flight info for all to see and then has a seperate form that people add their flight info to. It will also allow for editing and deleting of any entry.

Talk to ya later
          Keith
          PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Hiya Keith aka Andy 128!
            Here are some links to some examples of the PIREP Reporting System and Roster...

http://www.farmboyzimsflightsims.com/PilotRoster_01.html

http://www.farmboyzimsflightsims.com/PIREP_Reporting_01.html

http://www.farmboyzimsflightsims.com/PIREP_Reporting_02.html

http://www.farmboyzimsflightsims.com/RecentPIREPS_01.html

I sure do appreciate all the help on this! It is very kind of you! Thanks again and hope to talk with you soon!
            Sincerely,
            Farmboyzim

Comment

Farmboyzim-

I will e-mail you tonight as I have some questions.

Cheers-

Andy
              PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Public thank you to Andy 128 for the help with the Pilot's Roster Form! Much appreciated !!!!!
                Sincerely,
                Farmboyzim

Comment

Working...
                X