Published successfully but url not there

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Published successfully but url not there

After considerable effort, a lot of forum study and with the kind help of various members of the forum I have successfully published my first website effort at www.synergysolutions-tx.com. I then bought an additional domain name and have developed a website for that domain www.eggsinmypocket.com . The second domain was submitted as an addon domain and the notice entitled "Addon Domain Maintenance" indicates that "eggsinmypocket.com was successfully parked on top of eggsinmypocket.synergysolutions-tx.com"

I first published the egginmypocket.com pages to the folder public_html which resulted in the www.synergysolutions.com site being replaced with the eggs page. After sending a ticket to VH I learned that I had to use the proper directory for it to work. After much study on the forum I think I have properly identified the folder in the publishing process as I have entered public_html/eggsinmypocket . The response to the publish process comes back successfully but when I enter the url www.eggsinmypocket.com I get the generic page that indicates it is not found. What am I doing wrong?

JAFMER

Re: Published successfully but url not there

Did you save your page as "index"

Your main page needs to be saved as index for your site to show

Comment

Hi ...

You will need to point this domain to your voda servers ...

Your two voda servers are found in your log in information - you will need to go to where you purchased this domain and point this domain to those two servers ...

Once you do this, all should be good .. it may take a few hours to propogate or you may instantly see results..

If you purchased this domain with voda hosting, you will log into your vbs billing account - located as well in your log in information or domain purchase confirmation ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Lady:

Thanks for the suggestions. I think I have pointed the publications to the right place. My documentation from BV tells me on a document entitled "Addon Domain Maintenance" the following: "addon Domain Additions, Bind reloading on voda 19 using mdc.zone:[synergysolutions-tx.com.] The subdomain, eggsinmypocket.synergysolutions-tx.com has been added. Using nameservers with the following IPs: 69.25142.42, 216.52.184.248, 63.25192.200, 69.145.225, 70.42.37.7 Created DNS entry for egginmypocket.com
        eggsinmypocket.com was successfully parked on top of eggsinmypocket.synergysoultions-tx.com"

Voda 19 is one of the listed servers on the BV login page with an IP address uses to publishing of 74.86.118.19. While that IP address is not one listed in the above transcript it is the address of the primary domain to which I have successfully published the primary website.

Out of all this mess the only question I can see if should I publishe to the folder public_html/eggsinmypocket or public_html/eggsinmypocket.synergysolutions-tx
        I first published to the folder public_html and that didn;t work as it replaced my primary site. The second publication was published to the folder public_html/eggsinmypocket. While the notice I got back was publication successful the site is not there.

Any thoughts?

John

Comment

Hi John:

In addition to adding on a domain, you must first point the name servers as I mention above ...

This domain is NOT pointed to your VH Servers ... this is an additional step that you must take before adding on your domain ...

You can go here and type in www.eggsinmypocket.com and see that this domain is not pointed to voda servers.

You need to do as I suggested above ...

If you are on VODA 19 the name servers you will need to apply are below

ns1.voda19.com and ns2.voda19.com

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Lady:

Thanks for your help. Between you and the help desk I now have the servers updated. I very well may have missed instructions on doing this in the vast tutorial process and/or the instructional documentation that came with the addon domain process but I have no recollection of such requirement. Some simple "You must do the following before...." would certainly saved me many hours of frustration.

I now have the home page (index) showing up, but none of the other pages. I have republished the other pages and they still are not showing either when I hit the navigation bars or when I enter the url with page extension. I have rechecked the spelling and capitalization of the address and they seem correct. Any additional suggestions?

Again, many thanks for your help.

John

Comment

This is because you haven't typed in your url's correctly in the navigation - you have http://www.eggsinmypocket.com/orgin for example, where you need this to be either:
              http://www.eggsinmypocket.com/orgin.html - which would then show up correctly - so you aren't entering it correctly when making the navigation OR when trying to go to the page directly.
              Beth
              A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

Well it is said that it takes a community to raise a child. That is sure true of helping a clutz like me to get a website up and running. Thanks Beth for the insight and tip you offered. I didn't have the html in the address and don't remember doing that with the first site. It is up, the Forum is not working and my hyperlink text is not working but I will work on those little problems as I have time to go and redo the tutorial and read the forums on those subjects. I am sure I will be back on with more questions as I plan to do two or three more sites for myself.

Many thanks Beth, Lady and all.

John

Comment

:) - and that's why this "community" is here - as aren't we all children?

Good luck.
                  Beth
                  A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                  SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
                  X