Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 pages won't publish

Hi All

After a long, ardent struggle my website is finally up. 2 pages won't publish however, my "About Me" page and my "Services" page, (that is...the services I offer.) But there's more to the story, so bear w/ me while I try to explain.

I, of course, downloaded BV software and made my website and published it. Now when I click on the BV software icon that is on my desktop I get "Blue FTP" with all my files listed. Weeeeellll....I'm at a loss. Where is my BV software? How do I get it back? How do I re-publish my pages? I would like to try republishing the 2 pages to see if that fixes the problem, but my software is gone and has been replaced by Blue FTP files, which, of course, contains all the files for my website.

Also, I have an error on my index page, which needs fixed, but I can't fix it if I don't have the software to do it. Do I just download BV software again? If so, will my files still be in it? If not there, then how do I get them back into the software?

I'm really in a pickle here. Please use simple terminology as I am still rather green when it comes to all this.

Thanks much compadres!

Jenny
    maupincopywriting.com
    content writing for websites and more!

Re: 2 pages won't publish

You can download the BV softwaare and reinstall it again - you will lose nothing.
    Liz
    www.sebastopolparty.com
    www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Originally posted by larazovich View Post
      You can download the BV softwaare and reinstall it again - you will lose nothing.
      Larazovich...You are a gem...I should have figured it would be that easy...sheeeeeesh!

Thanks

Jenny
      maupincopywriting.com

Comment

UNFORTUNATELY...MY PROBLEMS CONTINUE...IT HAS BEEN ONE NIGHTMARE AFTER ANOTHER FOR THE LAST TWO WEEKS AND AT THIS POINT I AM BECOMING DESPONDENT. I have 2 pages that won't publish, and one that needs fixed, and the software won't dowload to my computer. I am getting a red circle w/ an X that says access denied. I have tried dowloading both the zip and unzipped versions of BV. I have never had a problem downloading BV software until my website went up today. Is there a forum moderator who can help me or should I submit my 10 thousandth support ticket.

I am so frustrated right now I could kick a puppy and not feel bad about it!!!!!!

Thanks

Jenny
        maupincopywriting.com

Comment

anybody???

bueller...bueller...bueller ???

Jenny
          maupincopywriting.com

Comment

Hi Jenny

I am not as clued up as most in this forum
            but have you tried uninstalling your BV webbuilder
            program then downloading new and reinstalling.

I had to do this a few weeks ago and it seemed to work
            ok.

Worth a try and I hope it helps

aussiebaz

Comment

Originally posted by aussiebaz View Post
              Hi Jenny

I am not as clued up as most in this forum
              but have you tried uninstalling your BV webbuilder
              program then downloading new and reinstalling.

I had to do this a few weeks ago and it seemed to work
              ok.

Worth a try and I hope it helps

aussiebaz
              Aussie

Ok...so I did the removal as you suggested. Still no luck. Thanks anyway...I appreciate your help. I still recieved a message when I did the download that said "access to unamed file was denied". So I am back to square one. Since my website went up today, I cannot download BV software. Any other suggestions would be appreciated...even if you think I should just submit a ticket. However, I'm hoping a well informed moderator will see this post and have some suggestions.

Thanks

Jenny
              maupincopywriting.com

Comment

sorry it didn't help

As i said , I am not as clued as most so
                I would hate to tell you something that
                was incorrect.

You could try submitting a ticket but if
                you are like me I never seem to get an answer back.

Good luck and I hope you get it worked out.

Comment

thanks aussie...i appreciate the nice thoughts as i have been struggling for 2 weeks to get my website up and running....LADYAEYE...R U THERE??? CAN YOU HELP??? pretty please w/ sugar on top...I recieved good advice from you in the past. Hoping to again. I don't want to submit a ticket because it usually means I end up running around in circles like a trained mouse on a treadmill.

Thanks

jenny
                  maupincopywriting.com

Comment

Hi Jenny .. yes .. present, lol .. at attention .. lol ...

first though, to both of you ... submitting so many support tickets will not help your case, in fact it will hinder things .. so you do need to be patient with your support tickets, requests, questions and comments ..

Jenny, what anti-virus are you using and what firewall are you using?

Can you try turning both of these off, and be certain too that your windows firewall is off - clear all your cache, internet cookies, etc., ... turn your computer off ... restart your computer - reinstall blue voda, remember you need to unzip the folder before installing, be sure it installs in your program files on your computer .. take note as to where it is installing as it is going through the process. ..

Once you are successful in reinstalling blue voda, try and open your web builder .. if you are successful .. create and publish your pages ..

then go about reinstating your anti-virus and your firewall .. hopefully both will configure itself for you while you have blue voda now freshly installed again ...

Let us know ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                    02036089024 / United Kingdom
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

If you are using AVG Anti Virus there is a conflict with BV Software. You will have to turn off AVG.
                      Do a search on this forum for AVG and you will get a lot of info. I am not sure wheter AVG has done an update yet to resolve the issue. It definitely is not a BV problem.
                      CarbonTerry
                      Semper Fi
                      Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
                      Zone 5 Photo
                      My USMC

Comment

Jenny:

Sounds like you are a AVG user. If so, Uninstall BV, go to your AVG control center and get the latest updates then reload BV. AVG fixed their conflict sometime yesterday. I have had to reload all my computer in the fashion outlined above as my AVG updates automatically and the conflict showed up on all of them.

John

Comment

Jafmer, Carbon,

It was the AVG. I successfully uninstalled AVG and then unzipped my BV software and completed that download. Then I reinstalled AVG! yay....I have my software back up and running and all my files are there!

Ladyeye..thanks once again for your help. I successfully republished my index.html w/ the mistake removed and it looks great. However, my about_me.html page will not publish. I republished making sure that all the info was correct and all I get is the following error mssg:

The page cannot be found

The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.Please try the following:
                          • If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.
                          • Open the Homepage www.maupincopywriting.com home page, and then look for links to the information you want. Click the Back button to try another link.
                          • Click Search to look for information on the Internet.
                          HTTP 404 - File not found
                          Internet Explorer

Any suggestions on what to do next? Someone told me that I should name the page about_us.html...will that make a difference? I also have several hyperlinks that aren't working...should I just try redoing them and then rebulishing the page they are on?

Thanks!!!

Jenny
                          p.s. as suggested, I deleted all cookies and files from I.E. and cleared my history.
                          maupincopywriting.com

Comment

good news jenny ...

no, it doesn't matter what you name your pages .. provided

1. all small letters
                            2. no spaces unless otherwise joined together with the use of the _ underscore symbol
                            3. the link that you apply relates exactly to the name of the page ..

I think I see About Me and you might be using About Us ..

not sure, but these need to be exact ..

I say by the time you read this, you will likely have it corrected ...

yw

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                            02036089024 / United Kingdom
                            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

uuuuummm...wow...so i went to my about me page expecting to see that annoying error mssg but instead, I got my about me page.

Ladyeye...did you do something or did you just send some magical fairy dust my way?

Either way, I don't care - the site is up...I will work on fixing those pesky hyperlinks and then go debut my site over on the forum that does that.

Thanks so much to everyone for your patience and help!!!!!

Jenny
                              maupincopywriting.com

Comment

Working...
                              X