just released, phpbb3 Gold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just released, phpbb3 Gold

phpBB.com have announced that the phpBB3 "Olympus" has been released. after months of testing and endless changes and bugs, phpBB3 is finally realeased, those of you who were think of putting a forum on their site should download from phpbb.com untill voda has updated the link in fantastico.
    those of you that already have a phpbb2 and won't to upgrade to phpbb3 can do so as the phpbb3 come with converters. ( be warned that phpbb3 is totally different to phpbb2 there fore you would need to install phpbb3 first then convert your phpbb3 to accept the database from your old phpbb2. DO NOT DELETE YOUR OLD PHPBB2 UNTILL EVERYTHING IS RUNNING OK) also any of you that have moded or put styles on your phpbb2 these will not be brought over to your new phpBB3.

If you need any help or question then post here or contact Ladyeye.
    for a quick look at a phpBB3 board then click the phpbb link in my Sig ( i have moded this a bit so after hitting the potal click the board link). Thank

Re: just released, phpbb3 Gold

Aliens,

Does phpbb3 come with "bot blockers"? having a real problems with un desirable posting in my room.

Thanks!

lemmondr

Comment

If you mean like the mods Anti Bot Question or the Humanizer then no, but setting the forum registration properly and disabling guest posts, along with the forum permissions will help. anti bot mods are in the pipe line for phpBB3, but until they have been released and tested these measures will do.

Comment

Jumping here a bit late but there is now available mods for that too.
        As well as many other mods ready to take.

Comment

Is it possible to install phpbb without having an hosting??
          Can I install it in "local" ???
          DO we make the forum with phpbb?

Comment

Hi charlo.

You can install it locally if you want and is recommend to do it so you may test any mods local before going live.

Download xampp for example and voila, by going here http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-windows.html

Comment

Working...
            X