Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White writing black background

hi everyone

Can somebody help me with white writing on a black background? I don't seem to be able to get the white writing to show on the page. It shows up in preview but not when published. Its just a black blob no words.
    These are not my choice in colours www.perigordbuilding.com
    When I select background colour of black and white font I end up with white boxes around the words. I'm sure there is a simple solution I just haven't found.
    Many thanks for you help

Debbie

Re: White writing black background

Hi Debbie ...

Looks to me like you have solved your problem, at least on the page I looked, if not post back ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks Lady eye, no I haven't resolved the problem as far as what I see! Its the same problem I've had before where for some reason I can't see on my computer what the rest of the world does. I've established today that it isn't explorer or firefox. So looks like it must be my XP or settings somewhere (please note the technical terms) So I'm on the hunt as I can't post here everytime i need someone to see if my designs are showing up correctly!
      Thank you never the less for the quick reply.

Debbie

Comment

Hi Debbie, by any chance are you using AOL ????? AOL is famous for not bringing the correct page up ...

Clear your cache, hit F5 multiple times, clear your browser history and reboot your computer ... see if this all helps ...

Your text is white on a black background, which you have corrected using the text tools, and background tools .. so you are fine there ...

You know that you do not have any links on your page operating as of yet .. you are likely just getting there, but just wanted to mention and be sure ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks Lady eye

Links page is now working...she says bravely LOL. Yes I was working on it.
          I've tried all the caching tricks, runnign cleaners and have even gone as far as uninstalling explorer and firefox. Nothing seems to work. I think it is something in the set up of XP of how I view pages. My husband has MS and suffers really badly with optic neuritus (sp) so when we first got the computer I fiddled around with how pages are viewed. The problem is I can't find how to put it all back to how it should be! I am sure it can't be anything else.
          Thank you for taking the time to reply

Debbie

Comment

This may help your situation:

When Web authors and designers create Web pages,
            they often specify particular type (font) faces,
            colors, sizes, and background colors. These settings
            are specified for each item, or in a "style sheet",
            which is a type of template for specifying how different
            styles should appear throughout a Web page or site.
            You can override any or all of these settings,
            which is useful if you have limited or low vision.

You can specify your font and color preferences for
            all pages that do not use style sheets, and then you
            can specify whether to use any or all of your preferences
            on pages that use style sheets

To change how Web page colors are displayed
            • On the Tools menu in Internet Explorer, click Internet Options.
            • On the General tab, click Colors.
            • Change the settings as needed.
            Good Luck
            Barry

Comment

Barry

Thank you for taking the time to reply and post. I've had a look at your suggestion and nothing is ticked or marked in those boxes. I don't think the problem comes from IE I think its a change I've made in XP probably about 3 years ago and as I struggle to remember what I learnt last week there's not much hope of me have a lightbulb moment LOL.

Debbie

Comment

This has nothing to do with the design or layout of the site... a suggestion, I have no idea what perigord building actually is and I don't see a link to explain about it. Is it for example an environmentally friendly way to build, it looks like it'd be so warm inside during winter. Great to see what people are up to with their sites here!
                www.madinmelbourne.com.au
                the ART of Making A Difference

Comment

Originally posted by MADinMelbourne View Post
                  This has nothing to do with the design or layout of the site... a suggestion, I have no idea what perigord building actually is and I don't see a link to explain about it. Is it for example an environmentally friendly way to build, it looks like it'd be so warm inside during winter. Great to see what people are up to with their sites here!
                  Perigord is an area of France (I think) within the Dordogne region. And believe it also refers to a style.
                  Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
                  X