how to check my pages for google

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to check my pages for google

I see in many of the posts that someone sees, (or doesn't see) their site pages in Google. What is the recommended way to check to see the pages that Google has indexed?

I have gone to Google search box and typed just the main domain, "webmarketinghelpsite"; and Google returns my index page and the "aboutus" page, then also a post in VodaHost/talk..... But that's it!

Then if I type "webmarketinghelpsite.com/trafficsrvs.html"; it finds that page and goes to it. Does that mean Google has that page indexed?

Again, I'm just asking; what is the proper way to check Google page indexing?

Thanks for all the help you folks have given me!

In case you all might be wondering, from my domain name; what qualifies me to offer web marketing help.....well I personally don't offer advice! I just do the searching and reading all those sales pages to find marketing resources, of all kinds, including freestuff, to offer on an affiliate basis.

(BTW...I hate those lon............g sales pages! Don't like to offer those, but if the offer has value and I can get some verification of the person's credentials; I will include them.)

Re: how to check my pages for google

Hi Dave,

A good start would be to get yourself a sitemap:

Free Online Google Sitemap Generator. XML-sitemaps.com provides free online sitemap generator service, creating an XML sitemap that can be submitted to Google, Bing and other search engines to help them crawl your website better. It will also generate an HTML site map to allow your website visitors to navigate easier.

Then get yourself set up with the Google webmaster tools:

They are very simple to use and allow you to get all your pages indexed.

The answer to your question is yes, whatever pages you can see on Google is what they have indexed.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Thanks for quick reply, Ramsey. I was just trying to generate a site map with ror sitemap generator, but it won't crawl my site! At least it says "urls crawled 0" and nothing shows in the comment box!

So, I'll try your suggested links. I appreciate it!

Comment

To see what pages the se has already indexed - go to the seach box and type:
        site:www.yoursite.com
        or
        site:http://www.yoursite.com
        some of them like a space:

site: http://www.yoursite.com
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thank you, Beth. The first option worked great! Found all my pages, except "thank you" page, but I don't link to it, so probably is correct not to find it!
          I was only getting a couple pages an hour ago, but wasn't typing the "site:" part.
          Thanks again!

Comment

You're welcome!
            Beth
            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
            X