X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FMP-I need help *******ting a form

Hello,

I need some help and maybe someone here can help me. I have
    a rather large form that I need to *******te many times as each corresponds to a different city so when I add more cities I need a separate form for each city that is essentially the same form except that I want the contents to go to different people who represent that city. Maybe add the form to the preset templates like feedback form and shopping cart.

Is there a way to do that? FMP support replied with this answer:

"You can add your form to templates ('add to templates' button). Then when you create another form you can choose your template create a form form the template and make necessary changes. After it you will have the same form , but slightly modified for other city for example"

The problem is that I do not see an "add to templates" anywhere in the program. Am I missing something? Does anyone know a way to have the form *******ted without having to do the tedious task or typing it by hand?

If anyone know let me know asap please. Thanks in advance :)

Re: FMP-I need help *******ting a form

I can help you out with a Java Script form simular to my site on my contact page:

Best regards,
    Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

I believe tha this is simpe, if i have understood well. So you have basically the same form, but, depending on the TOWN the emails have to be sent to a (or some) different email addresses. Depending on the number of these email addresses and your necesity to have the info also stored in your database, or not, this can be acheived in three ways:

1. Making a script that will have ALL the email addresses hardcoded and, upon submission, it will see which town it is relevant to, it will select the correct email addresses and will send the message to those email addresses.

2. Making a database driven script: in this case the email addresses are not hardcoded, but stored in the database. In this case the procedure is as above, with the only difference that when you need to change an email address you can do it using a database interface instead of hardcoding.
      You can see this in http://www.dbtechnosystems.com/formexamples2.php . If you scroll down the page, you will see that this user asked excactly for what you are asking: A form that, depending (in this case) on the product, will send emails to him, to the franchise company, and also to salesmen that are responsible for this product. It will also store all the info in the database.

3. Making simply the email addresses that you need each form to be sent to, hidden fields in your form. This is the simplest way, but leaves the email addresses exposed in your code and so spam bots that search the net for email addresses will be able to find it.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you all for the responses. The situation here is that I was looking to have the same form with its own autonomy created as many times as I had reps. So for example:

I have a Sandiego California rep, I would make a form that would come up on a page called http://www.anydomain.com/sandiego.htm

any info inputted in that form would be directed to him and others as determined by the templates below.

Inside the form maker pro cpanel you will have these:

Forms:
        the actual form...sandiego.htm
        redirect page...thankyou.htm

mail templates assigned:
        autoresponder
        notification
        3rd party (who only gets certain information)

log template
        sandiego (The database that maintains all the entries)

So this is what I have for each region. Each time I have to add another region I have to create a whole new form which is exactly the same as the sandiego.htm form and the only difference is that the mail templates assigned and the log template will be unique and applicable to the new form. This takes a longggg time and I have over 30 to do since the program for whatever reason does not let you reuse the same fields from form to form so each form looks the same but the fields inside the form are name slightly different just so the program would accept the new field.

I was hoping that there was a way to just add a particular form that you intend to use often like this one, to the templates like feedback and shopping cart so the rest of the process would be seamless. The folks at form maker pro say that I need to login to the members site and download the new version 4.5 that has that functionality, but I don't see it.

Comment

Actually, I believe that vodahost would have to upgrade to the new license and that might be an additional cost for Vodahost. I was going to buy the new version anyways, but maybe I can put that same amount for helping subsidize vodahost additional cost to get the update and make it available to all the members. Not sure who to contact for that but to me is worth it to be able to have that functionality added.

Can someone from vodahost contact me for that?

Comment

Vodahost upgrade? License?

Navaldesign has already stated that you can achieve what you are trying to do with a simple form and a custom script to process the information and place it in a database. E-mails, auto responders could then be sent based on criteria you set in that custom script.

Keep in mind. This forum will help you fill in the gaps of web building knowledge along your journey. This type script takes time to make is very complicated. If you have no programing experiance then you would have to hire someone to do it.

Navaldesign has such a service that he provides at a very reasonable price for Vodahost members. I would suggest that you contact Navaldesign via his web site (you can find it in his signature) and get his advice on creating what you need for your business.

Cheers-
            Andy
            PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Andy,

I am not sure you are understanding what I need. I am using the old version of FMP that vodahost provides. I have made many forms for different applications and it works great. The situation I described entails me using the same form over and over but for a different market. Instead of having to make each form from scratch I was asking if there was a way to add the form as a template like the feedback, shopping cart or contact forms that are already in the system. That way I simply select "Form from template" and I don't have to retype the 20 plus field form all over again. The new version of FMP offers to add any form you just created to the template list by simply clicking a button. That is a real time saver. That was all I was asking. I have no doubt the same form can be made via javascript or php or any other way.

As for naval designs proposal, sounds interesting but having the send to emails in the form itself poses a spam issue that I am not interested in as spammers harvest these forms for the emails.

Comment

No emails are in the form. the email addresses are stored in the database, and retrieved by the processor. No spammer can see the email addresses because they simply are nowhere in the pages.

However, this has nothing to do with what you are asking for, it is just a clarification.

I don't know if VH will upgrade or not, surely that would be a usefull feature.
                Navaldesign
                Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Well, it's been a while and I never got an answer so I guess I will buy the single user version. :(

Thanks for all your help Navaldesign!

Comment

Working...
                  X