Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Font sizes in dropdown are only sizes available?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Font sizes in dropdown are only sizes available?

Hi, quick question here: When adding or editing text on a BV page, are the font sizes listed in the dropdown menu the only sizes available? The four largest sizes in the dropdown are 28, 36, 48, and 72; I sure could use some intermediate sizes between each consecutive pair of those numbers. Occasionally I also wish I could go > 72 or < 6 point.

Re: Font sizes in dropdown are only sizes available?

Put the text you wish to do those things with in an html box and write it using the proper html designating the size.

For example:
    <center><font face="comic sans ms" size="4">text text text<br>
    text text text etc</font></center>

Now - size="4" is larger than the 4 on the BV page - as the BV page is using sizes you are used to in word, etc - while the size on the page showing is how it displays on line - which BV converts from what you pick for you.

If you dont understand that - look at my A Child's Palace website home page. The headline is entered using html - with the size 4. That is the larger type. The rest of the type was selected using BV - and is smaller, but I used type sizes 9 and 10.

I can't imagine anything you'll be doing using a type size larger than the 72 - but yes, you can do it.

Adding to comment - you can do the above html using size="10 pt" and it should then match what's in the program.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

OK, thanks, Bethers, that makes sense. I didn't know that font sizes differed between BV's Insert Text tool and HTML coding.

It would be great if they would come out with a new version of BV that offers more choices of font sizes in the dropdown menu.

One thing I'm confused about: Is it the big box on your home page (that says "A Child's Palace") that's hand-coded at 4-point in HTML? Looks more like a product of BV's logo maker tool. I tried creating HTML-written 4-point text on this page, and it came out much smaller than "A Child's Palace":

Did I misunderstand what you said? Thanks.

Comment

No - my headline on the page is
        Child, Baby and Toddler Bedroom Decor
        Kids Bedding, Rugs, Clocks, Furniture and Accessories

and that is coded using the size 4.

You were looking at my header. I make my own headers in photo programs, although in this case, my header is a combination of my name and some text elements. Worked good for me here.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
        X