This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being Seen on Google

I have created a family web page using Blue Voda. Is there any way of keeping it from being found by searching on Google?

Re: Being Seen on Google

Don't put it on the internet.

Don't allow anyone anywhere to link to it - even by accident.

Seriously - if you don't want it included in searches - you need to put in a robots.txt file telling all the se's to not follow any pages.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thank you for the humor!

What I don't understand is why it would just start appearing on Google now. I have had the page up and running since April and it just started to show up on a google search.

What is a robot.txt and how do I go about doing this?

Comment

Beth is right, it impossible for Google to have picked up your site unless you have submitted the site to the search engines or you or someone else has placed your link somewhere on the web, i.e on here maybe!

I am not sure why you would not want google to see it, but the chances of someone stubling on it, if it was indexed, is very remote, there are billions of sites out there.
        www.anxietynomore.co.uk
        The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
        Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
        Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Comment

This just happened recently - I don't know how, but I really don't want people to just stumble upon the page - it contains pictures/dates/etc................Once it is on there(google), is there any way to stop it from showing up. Beth was talking about a robots.txt thing. How do I get that document and install it on my web page.

Comment

I wasn't being funny - I was giving you the answer. Somewhere, somehow, like Karel said - there is a link to your site. Therefore it was found.

The robots.txt you add to your meta tags - and actually you want to add a no index - not just a no follow - so add this between your head tags:

META NAME="ROBOTS" CONTENT="NOINDEX, NOFOLLOW"

Unfortunately, the page has already been found - so it might continue to come up on searches. If you want to stop that, you'll need to password protect all the pages you don't want found. You could make a home page that doesn't have anything on it that wouldn't be safe found on the internet - then make a sign in to get to the other pages - and give the sign in code to those you want to be able to get to those pages.

Remember, the idea of the web is for people to find things - and that's what happened.
            Beth
            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

I went to the page html and added the line, but all it did was place it on the very top of all of my published pages. Where do I need to insert it on the meta tags?

Comment

click the below...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                02036089024 / United Kingdom
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                  X