paypal question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paypal question

i have my site pretty much up.The problem im having is that when you hit on the paypal button its comes up with the item but has a box for my sign in...if someone else gets to this point they cant order without signing in and cant do that under my name...please help as someone could also mess up my paypal account with it like this.

Re: paypal question

Hi not sure what you have going on there without your website address to have a look.

But .. when customers get to paypal checkout, they need to either

1) sign into their own account

or

2) if they do not have a paypal account, they can use their credit card or bank account (where available)

perhaps if you post your url we could take a look at what you have set up ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Ladyeye is right.....This is the page that should come up.

Paypal in their wisdom have changed the page recently as they want more people to sign up with paypal. A lot of people on-line already have paypal accounts and they will place their own details in the box's provided.

If they don't have a paypal account there is a reference to this on the left.....

Don't have a PayPal account?
      Use your credit card or bank account (where available)

They can then fill in their details and pay by card. It is the page layout that is a little confusing.

I sell a lot through paypal, check the paypal button at the bottom of this page www.anxietynomore.co.uk you will or should see the same page come up, if so you have the right page showing.

Paul
      www.anxietynomore.co.uk
      The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
      Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
      Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyEye View Post
        Hi not sure what you have going on there without your website address to have a look.

But .. when customers get to paypal checkout, they need to either

1) sign into their own account

or

2) if they do not have a paypal account, they can use their credit card or bank account (where available)

perhaps if you post your url we could take a look at what you have set up ..
        LadyEye -

Are you saying that when a user clicks on the Buy Now button that they will see their own sign on info rather than mine? I tried putting my buttons in and, when I previewed, it showed a dialog box with my username and password. That could be a major problem.

Thanks in advance,
        Dan
        Dan

"'Tis better to be silent and thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt." (A. Lincoln)

http://www.dpcCrazyCrafts.com

Comment

Originally posted by dankc908 View Post
          LadyEye -

Are you saying that when a user clicks on the Buy Now button that they will see their own sign on info rather than mine? I tried putting my buttons in and, when I previewed, it showed a dialog box with my username and password. That could be a major problem.

Thanks in advance,
          Dan

Yes, if they are a member chances are their own may or may not come up, depends really whether they have it marked as their own to remember, it will not come up with yours for anyone .. in more likelihood it will come up empty and they will need to join, sign on or pay with their credit card as that is the feature paypal offers if you do not want to have a paypal account .. no worries, you won't be paying for their orders .. lol

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
          X