how to put background on webpage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to put background on webpage

I want to create a background on my site. I want to make it look as though the web page is pasted onto a blue background and centered. Here's a site that is set up the way I mean www.surefiremarketing.com can anyone help?

Re: how to put background on webpage

Hi, For background!
    Press View>Page Properties>Background & control this area from here.
    For centering!
    Press View>Page Properties>& control this area from here, checking the Center in browser box.

Good luck.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

the site you are referring to is not a complete image on a background. It is a white shape with a border that has type and images in it. As collectors indicated to put type on a page with a white background in the form of a shape as in your example http://www.davesmusichitlist.com do as he says:View>Page Properties>& control this area from here, checking the Center in browser box.

but if you want to put an image on a background and lets say you want to use 800 pixels wide image and center that then you resize your image to the width you want and import it. A couple of examples of this are:
      www.videopostcards.info - the brick wall is an image of 950 pixels by 1000 pixels.
      www.scanportonline.com - the same dimensions here.
      www.southeasternservicegroup.com - the image is only 800 pixels wide.
      and you center the image and put your on the color background that you choose from here.
      you have to understand that the safe image is always 600 pixels wide but most resolutions being used today are 1024 pixels. I hope i have helped you and if you need some on hands help, contact me through my website. I will be happy to assist you at no cost.
      mrmagoo144
      www.videopostcards.info
      mrmagoo144
      www.videopostcards.info

Comment

thanks for the response, the southeasternservicegroup.com layout is what I'm talking about. I would want to do it with a blue background instead of green. Can you send me the instructions on how to do it. I want to do exactly what you described but don't know where to start. I'm really good at following directions so if you can send them to me I would be so APPRECIATIVE,

Comment

you have posted this twice and didnt see this response before answering your 2nd response. Not sure if it's proper to take up so much space here on the forum. The background image that you see is an image sized specifically for the page. do yu have an image that you want to use as the website you posted is not an image it is a white box that i described in your other post. If you have an image and i don't care what size the image is, just send it to my email address and i will get you strarted. my email address is waynemartin29athotmaildotcom. or you can call me.
          mrmagoo144
          mrmagoo144
          www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Working...
          X