Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• testing pages with a validator

Hi all,
    I'v seen alot of discussions about validating the pages of a website to make everything "clean " and work well. Is this a valid point or should I not worry about it as long as my page works. I'v tried validating a couple of my pages and seem to get alot of errors that say the "ID BV_ already defined" in several lines and a few other types of errors. If my page/site seems to be working fine on IE and FFox, should I worry about validating?
    I'v already stripped the home page of my site to a skeleton just to see if it would validate at all. It did, but I dont have anything on it except my logo and a header. the site is under constructions still but is at www.peopleherd.com Thanks in advance for any help or guidance.

Herd
    Come take a look at the people herd.

Re: testing pages with a validator

Is is true that standards require a unique ID for each element, and BV doesn't yet respect this, but, do NOT fear. It will not affect your rankings.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

It's good to look to see what the problems are - and to correct ones that you can correct - but as Naval says, it will not hurt you that you have some errors.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks for settling that for me. I was afraid I would be spending many late nights pulling my hair out trying to get things just right. It's great to have people to turn to for help. Thanks.
        Come take a look at the people herd.

Comment

Working...
        X