Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• published but can't open page

my site is laurateague.com

i just published 3 pages ("successful") but can't get to the site. when i type in the url, i get this message:Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete. could be due to rejecting cookies but i checked this & i am accepting cookies.

does it just take awhile to show up? what else can i do? thanks. Laura

Re: published but can't open page

Hi,

You may have done something wrong.

The first page that you publish must be the index page

Name the page "index"
    When the publish window opens do not type in anything
    Just click on publish.

The second page and subsequent pages you can name it anything you want.

When the publish window opens,
    Type in "public_html/" and click on publish.

To keep your Cpanel neat and clean use folder for every different function.
    1 Folder for say "Travel" one folder for "images" one folder for "Product A"
    and so on.

When publishing to the folders:

Type in: "public_html/travel/ and publish the page.
    If your page was named "edmonton"

Then your web address or url will be
    "yourdomain name/travel/edmonton.html

If the page was named "tyrell_dinosaur"

Then the url to this page will be
    "yourdomainname/travel/tyrell_dinosaur.html

Understanding how to is the most important aspect of learning to publish.

Remember. ALL names of pages must be in lower case. "NO CAPS"
    www.siapamoyanganda.com/
    Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
    State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

I forgot to tell you that if you want to use folders as I suggested
      you will first have to add the folders to public_html in your control panel
      before publishing.
      www.siapamoyanganda.com/
      State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

OOPS!

I MADE A MISTAKE. SORRY.

Publish your "index" page to "public_html/............"

and your Url will read as "http://www.yourdomainname.com"
        www.siapamoyanganda.com/
        State of Johor.

Comment

laurateague.com

i first had a different domain name, before publishing or beginning making web pages at all. i then followed instructions for obtaining a new domain name. everything there seemed right. i'm not trying to move a previous website.

all my files are lower case (index is called just index). i double checked my IP address.

i don't remember reading anything about doing to control panel before publishing - do i need to do that?

any help would be appreciated. i'll do a support ticket as well - i think i have followed all instructions accurately but obviously have missed something.

thanks. laura

Comment

Laura!

Don't get confused with well-meaning peers offering help above, but Alithos is right: there seems to be some kind of conflict going on with your path, with your account.

If as you say, you have SAVED and PUBLISHED pages precisely as directed by the tutorials (they are pretty hard to mess up, unless English is difficult), then you really do need someone in Support to look at your account/website.......

Remember to follow the simple process of publishing: you do not need to go to the Control Panel at all, and you do not need to create "folders" anywhere until you add another website to your account ---- and then, it is a simple process inside Blue Voda, not some complicated erroneous way suggested above!
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by ljteague View Post
              laurateague.com

i first had a different domain name, before publishing or beginning making web pages at all. i then followed instructions for obtaining a new domain name. everything there seemed right. i'm not trying to move a previous website.

all my files are lower case (index is called just index). i double checked my IP address.

i don't remember reading anything about doing to control panel before publishing - do i need to do that?

any help would be appreciated. i'll do a support ticket as well - i think i have followed all instructions accurately but obviously have missed something.

thanks. laura
              Did you have your account reset with the new domain name - or is the original one still the main domain name on your account? If so, you need to add the new domain name as an addon domain. If you want this one to become the main domain, you need to put in a support ticket and make sure that the change took place from the original domain to the new one.
              Beth
              A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
              X