This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to create a text pop-up box?

I've been searching for information on creating pop-up text through these forums for days, and it seems like the solution is an outside script.

This script was recommended here a few times:

Move the mouse over a link and have the image of your choice plus corresponding description pop up, by using this image tooltip script.

Step 1. is very easy, but I don't quite get Step 2:

Step 2: Then, set up your links to contain the necessary onMouseover and out attributes. Use the following code as an example, where 0 and 1 refer to the image tooltip's index number in the script above that you wish to invoke :
    Select All
    <a href="#" onmouseover="doTooltip(event,0)" onmouseout="hideTip()">Link 1</a><br><a href="#" onmouseover="doTooltip(event,1)" onmouseout="hideTip()">Link 2</a>

I don't quite understand what they are talking about.

What I want to do -
    - I have a list of items.
    - As a person mouses over each item, a paragraph of text pops up.

I'd appreciate it if anyone could enlighten me. (using baby steps!)

thanks!

Re: How to create a text pop-up box?

Does anyone have any info on this? am still scratching my head.

thanks,
    sunchaser

Comment

May be this is what you want?

Comment

Hi, the 1st part of the code is where all the work will have to be done. This 2nd part of the code you are showing above just calls up the 1st part that you have already put in the head of the page. All you do with this 2nd part is place it in a html box on your BV page.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks WS-blue - though that triggered my pop-up blocker, so not quite what I was looking for.

Thanks collectors-info - that did the trick. I just couldn't quite get what you had to do.

Now i just need a html/mouseover etc tutorials; so I can do some more tricks :) - off to search the net.

Sunchaser

Comment

Working...
          X