Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Checkout???

Hi -

Is Google checkout a viable alternative using BV? If so, are there any ideas as to how I could use this.

Thanks,
    Dan
    Dan

"'Tis better to be silent and thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt." (A. Lincoln)

http://www.dpcCrazyCrafts.com

Re: Google Checkout???

You need to check and see if Google Checkout allows you to get the code for buy buttons for them. You can use it if you use some other checkout options - like it's integrated into CartManager.

Are you intending to use Google Checkout ONLY or with a merchant account or with Paypal - or all 3? How you intend to use it can determine what you need to do.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Many thanks, Beth. Actually, I'm just checking out ALL possible options to see which one(s) will work best for me. I really appreciate your help!

Dan
      Dan

"'Tis better to be silent and thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt." (A. Lincoln)

http://www.dpcCrazyCrafts.com

Comment

There are thousands of options - and what you're doing is smart. Figure out what will work best for YOU before you start building, not after. Or at least not too far into it - or it could mean going back to scratch :)
        Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

I use google checkout at the site in my sig. I use it for high ticket items which is great because I don't pay any fees. I use it for the service I provide and not sure how it integrates into digital products.

So if a customer pays me 797 USD, I receive all of it, which for a service based business, is fantastic, compared to paypal, where 797 USD actually means 640 USD or something near that.
          Videoproduceronline.com - Join An Elite Group of Online Businesses Using Professional Direct Response Video That Mesmerizes Website Visitors With A Call To Action.

Comment

Video Producer, yes that was a great introductory feature on Google checkout - however that is ending soon - so you might want to look at the fees involved :)

And if you're doing lots of selling - with high ticket items - I suggest you look into a merchant account - which will be less expensive than paypal.
            Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hi maybe some one can help me with this i just install the cube cart 4.1 and it as the google checkout build in to it and im trying to set it up to work right with my site can anyone help me with it ?
              its asking me for a SSL certificate that i dont know where to get it from and how to set it up that when my costomers order from my site it would go to google checkout this is what its asking me to do for it to work

IMPORTANT: Google Checkouts is not compatible with real time shipping quotes or the shipping methods built into the CubeCart. This because no customer information is captured prior to transferring them to Google. For this reason you must configure custom shipping methods for them and a table of this data is sent to Google. Tax settings will be inherited from your CubeCart stores tax settings.
              Configure Google Shipping Methods
              Google Checkout will ONLY function with a valid SSL certificate in operation. The URLS will show below once this has been enabled.

please help :(
              my site is www.globalesale.com im still building it so its empty
              Danny B.

Comment

If it needs an SSL - you'll need to purchase one - VH sells them and can install them for you.
                Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hi bethers thank u .. and u thing that would make it work ?
                  Danny B.

Comment

Working...
                  X