Form email problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Form email problem

I have a form on one my site pages the purpose of which is to allow players to register for a golf tournament. When the "submit" button is hit on the page a blank email box appears. (The only info in the box is my email address). What have I done wrong or not done. I have read and read the tutorials re forms a dozen times to no avail. The reset form button on the page works fine.
    Thanks for any help.

Re: Form email problem

Are you using the BlueVoda website builder to design your form? What is your
    customer ID or your registered domain name?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Yes, I am using Blue Voda.
      www.pcgt.ca
      Thanks

Originally posted by VodaHost
      Are you using the BlueVoda website builder to design your form? What is your
      customer ID or your registered domain name?

Comment

Please use the PHP code provided.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

....the PHP code provided - where?

Thanks

I have also tried creatimg a file "feedback.php" in notepad and changed my form's properties as suggested by Pablo in an earlier post on the forum but I am not sure where I should upload the feedback.php file to, i.e. to a new folder in which directory? Am using BlueFTP.

Originally posted by VodaHost
          Please use the PHP code provided.

Comment

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

everything gets pubished/uploaded into your public_html

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

OK, maybe I'm a bit slow but I have looked at the "forms" tutorials many times and I can find no mention of PHP. The tutorials certainly appear straightforward but the fact is when I follow the instructions to the letter, I get a great looking form but "submitting" the form only generates a blank email box.
                Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by oxford
                  OK, maybe I'm a bit slow but I have looked at the "forms" tutorials many times and I can find no mention of PHP. The tutorials certainly appear straightforward but the fact is when I follow the instructions to the letter, I get a great looking form but "submitting" the form only generates a blank email box.
                  Wayne
                  I have been having this same problem and have gone over this thing for two days now trying to get my form to work properly. I can get the form to show up on the website, but when I click on the SUBMIT button it goes to a ERROR or FILE NOT FOUND page. I really think there is a step or two missing and I am not a webdesigner or script guy. I have also followed the BLue FTP recommendations. I can actually get a page to show the message "Thanks For Your Order" but not the way it should be. Very troubling and confusing. The description below the first video tutorial is a bit vague (IMO) and I have tried many different combinations with no luck. I also need some help on this people!
                  Affordable Medical Insurance
                  Discount Dental Plan
                  Washington State Health Insurance
                  Temporary Health Insurance
                  Homeowner Insurance Quote

Comment

Originally posted by motoxxx
                    I have been having this same problem and have gone over this thing for two days now trying to get my form to work properly. I can get the form to show up on the website, but when I click on the SUBMIT button it goes to a ERROR or FILE NOT FOUND page. I really think there is a step or two missing and I am not a webdesigner or script guy. I have also followed the BLue FTP recommendations. I can actually get a page to show the message "Thanks For Your Order" but not the way it should be. Very troubling and confusing. The description below the first video tutorial is a bit vague (IMO) and I have tried many different combinations with no luck. I also need some help on this people!
                    This is not a bug or problem issue. Go to http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/forumdisplay.php?f=85

that's the forms forum.

For now, i can suggest this:
                    Create - if you haven't done that already an email account on Vodahost (from your Controll Panel>Mail>Manage Accounts)
                    Configure your email client (Outlook Express, or other) for use with POP 3 and SMTP (from your Controll Panel>Mail>Manage Accounts)
                    Use this email address within your Vodahost account, not an external one, for your form.

Read carefully Pablo's instructions on setting up your php page, here:

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/showthread.php?t=933

If you still can't make it, post a new thread in the Forms forum.
                    Navaldesign
                    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Re: Automatic Subject Line

My form works perfectly, and the data arrives in my inbox as an email.
                      But the subject line is always 'Enter your subject here'
                      How can I change it to read something else?
                      richard@doonella.com

Comment

Are you using the PHP code?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Re: Automatic Subject Line

Originally posted by richardfisher
                          My form works perfectly, and the data arrives in my inbox as an email.
                          But the subject line is always 'Enter your subject here'
                          How can I change it to read something else?
                          richard@doonella.com
                          This is for RichardFisher: you are obviously using a script, probably in php. The 'Enter your subject here' message in your script can be modified to whatever message you want, f.e. "Data submitted by Webform" or whatever else you like.
                          Edit the script and upload it again.
                          Navaldesign
                          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by motoxxx
                            I would just lke to add, I have been having the exacy same problem as you and have been following the exact instructions, when I submit it tells me this page has expired, Vodahost please be more specific with instructions, It seems simple for those of you that are in the computer game, ulike us when yousay use PHP for example, I think I speak for all of us and this means absolutley nothing! for us not so bright in this field we need step by step intsructions.its like me giving you a rifle and saying shoot this charging elephant before it reaches you !!

Comment

Originally posted by Westi
                              I would just lke to add, I have been having the exacy same problem as you and have been following the exact instructions, when I submit it tells me this page has expired, Vodahost please be more specific with instructions, It seems simple for those of you that are in the computer game, ulike us when yousay use PHP for example, I think I speak for all of us and this means absolutley nothing! for us not so bright in this field we need step by step intsructions.its like me giving you a rifle and saying shoot this charging elephant before it reaches you !!
                              What ***** (Vodahost) meant was if you were using the PHP example code which is provided with the forms tutorials. It is here: http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/forumdisplay.php?f=85

As you can see, you need to create a second page, in PHP, which will do the processing of your form data and will send you the email. Do you have this page created and uploaded? Please read carefully the example on Tutorial 2. Then if you still need help post again and i will provide you the necessary script
                              Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                              X