No announcement yet.

Error Message on Google about my site?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error Message on Google about my site?

Googlebot succesfully accessed my home page on Dec 1 2007. I do not get why non of my pages are being indexed, there are no internal links to show of and so on.

When I go to tools on Google Webmaster, and I go to Analyze robots.txt it says (Last Downloaded 30 mins ago.) OK Great the next line gives me a Status of (404) not found message.

Then I click on the link http://www.thechevymalibu.com/robots.txt and get the error message as well. This is telling me the robot cannot find my site?

How do I fix this?

It has almoust been a month since ot last accessed my site!

Thank you,
    Alvin
    Alvin Newton
    President
    Newton Digital Marketing
    MTBAlvin******.com

OneShopAuto.com
    TahoeHybrid.com
    TheChevyMalibu.com
    SimpleGirlz.com

Re: Error Message on Google about my site?

I don't show that Google has that site in it's index at all. Just because you started a robots.txt file with them - does not mean they are indexing your site.

Do you have links to your site anywhere? Or have you submitted the site to them?

And the links on your page are missing the www - I don't recommend that.

I also hope you have permission from Chevy to be using their logos, etc - as that is not allowable otherwise. And if it is ok, I still wouldn't give you any information - as no where on your site does it say who you are or how you can be contacted.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thank you for the info about a contact page, however you did not answer my question just made me more confused! If you go to www.thechevymalibu.com you will see that I have tons of links on the website, a Google site map and many more links from other websites! Yes I have submitted the site to Google that is how I have received the information I am trying to find an answer for. I have quite a bit of knowledge on SEO and the www for google does not matter.

I need to have an answer to this question?
      (When I go to tools on Google Webmaster, and I go to Analyze robots.txt it says (Last Downloaded 30 mins ago.) OK Great the next line gives me a Status of (404) not found message.

Then I click on the link
      http://www.thechevymalibu.com/robots.txt and get the error message as well. This is telling me the robot cannot find my site?

How do I fix this?)

Anyone with knowlegd on this please HELP!

Alvin Newton
      President
      Newton Digital Marketing
      MTBAlvin******.com

OneShopAuto.com
      TahoeHybrid.com
      TheChevyMalibu.com
      SimpleGirlz.com

Comment

Well you have to UPLOAD a file called robots.txt. Obviously its NOT there at that link. If you put it in another folder or somewhere else its not helping this site. Is this an addon or main domain? Please give more information so that your question can be answered. You get a 404 not found because the file is NOT found. Its not telling you a THING about the robot, its saying it last downloaded a creep of your site 30 minutes ago and STILL DIDNT FIND the robots.txt file

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

And I did answer part of your question - if you know so much SEO - why don't you know that Google does NOt have you in their index - doesn't matter if you submitted or not.

And you do not build your site for google, you build it for your customers - and THEY expect the www.

And Google likes things to be uniform - and your using it in some places and not others - is not uniform.
          Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Bethers,

Sorry for sounding so harsh the other day I was just frustrated. You are absolutley right about being uniform with Google. I am in the process of fixing it now. I am not indexing on Google under www.thechevymalibu.com , but I am indexing under thechevymalibu.com.

Thank you again for your help, did not mean to make you upset. I love these forums , knowlegde is power.

Have a Happy New Year!
            Alvin Newton
            President
            Newton Digital Marketing
            MTBAlvin******.com

OneShopAuto.com
            TahoeHybrid.com
            TheChevyMalibu.com
            SimpleGirlz.com

Comment

And therein lies part of your problem - the average person will use the www - and you didn't - google indexed you without it - and doesn't show you with it. (And if you aren't careful, Google can look at the 2 pages as duplicate content - although you can tell them otherwise.)

Good luck.
              Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
              X