please help.. im confused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please help.. im confused

OK I have a add on domain.. Armorapplaince.com. I am trying to publish it will not allow me to name the home page index because my other website carrolltonac.com's home page is named index. Im not sure what to do, I am confused can someone please help?

carrolltonac.com
    armorappliance.com
    Last edited by taranoyes; 12-28-2007, 06:14 PM. Reason: messed up

Re: please help.. im confused

Hi tara... Your index page for your add on domain should publish as index...When you do publish the index page.. Be sure that you are publishing to the correct folder i.e. public_html/addondomain...Hope that helps... Doug

Comment

Hi ...

Create a new folder on your computer called armorappliance ... when you name and save this page as index open this folder and store this index page in .. then it will allow you to name and save as index

then, as doug says, be sure to publich to public_html/armorappliance

you will need to type armorappliance after public_html in the publish box and remove armorappliance when you want to go back to publishing to your main domain ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

OK I made a new folder called armor appliance and saved it in there. I pubished it to public_html/armorappliance and the website still says Index of: I think I have done everything right.

Comment

And the page you published to "public_html/armorappliance" was called "index"?

Register/Login Script
          Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Yea I named the page index I doubled checked to make sure.
            Thank you so much for your help
            Armorapplaince.com
            Carrollton.com

Comment

I just went back and made sure I have done everything correct. To my knowlage I have followed everything correctly. Is there a way some one can take a look at it and tell me what I'm missing or doing wrong?
              Thank everyone for ya'lls help.
              Carrolltonac.com
              armorappliance.com

Comment

Hi Tara... Your page looks good...You may want to center it..right click on the page in web builder and go to Page Properties... and there you can center it...you can also title the page..I suggest your company name...this title is that the search engines will see when they look for your company...The name you place in Page Properties will not affect the name you published it as... i.e. Index...Then just republish it as index... Your changed page html will replace the old page...Looks Good Have Fun... Doug

Comment

Working...
                X