Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new site,dog training, working on video

Hi ,
    I moved to blue voda so I could make a dog training site with video.
    I have another site thats 25 plus pages that generates my income, this is a new direction... and BV is not frontpage!

I used Easy Web video to make the clips....
    I do not like the front page clip,, and will remake it when the sun shines in oregon... so you don't have to tell me how bad it is! ha

I have a few links not working,

www.dogtraineroregon.com

cheers
    enjoy a video website
    justine

Re: new site,dog training, working on video

Hi Justine. It is pretty good. Not the greatest I have ever seen, but definitely not the worst either. Here are some tips to improve the site. Hope these help!

1. The use of Favicons make the site look even more professional.

2. The Header image clashes with the background color. A logo would look great!

3. I would personally make an ad rotator to put the three pictures in on the index page. Makes it look really clean.

4. I would put the index video nearer to the top. As to attract more clients.

5. The navigation bar, I would make the normal and over buttons have the same theme. Also have clear bg's.

Overall, those are some of the big areas. If you need a more help or a website designer, feel free to contact me either through christian@awakeningavd.com or through my skype address.
    Awakening Audio Video Design
    www.awakeningavd.com

Christian Patrick Helvin
    www.christianpatrickhelvin.com

Comment

Hi, off to a good start. Couple of things that may help?
      • Having a menu bar in the same place on all pages (top) makes life a little easer.
      • Lot of white space on the pages & feels like it could be condensed a little more.
      • This site may give you some handy maps for your directions page. LINK
      • On your video page it will load quicker if you have an index to videos on another page or a popup page with the video on them.

Good luck.
      PS, What did you use for the video on the front page? (Loads nice & quick)
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

thnaks for the thoughts, I will be working on this, my first goal was to get all the video up, I know the one video file is too big and takes too long to load, will work on pop up windows. I chose a big white space look, I am tired of overcluttered pages, and I know from my other site, that webpages just keep growing! I used Easy Web Video to convert the files, you buy it on line, and it works quite well. thnaks , check back in a week or so.
        Mr Helvin , I am not sure of the correctness in attempting to sell me your services. But thank you for your advice.
        cheers justine

Comment

hi there ... you are doing a great job ... I agree with the others but our websites are always a work in progress ... keep up the good work .... good to see another dog obsessed person here ... lol ...
          kym, merlin & tala
          creating white majick
          www.whiteshepherds.com.au
          www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
          www.merlinsmajick.com
          www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

Oops! I didn't mean to. You are completely right. Sorry. I'm still new at this forum apparently! Won't happen again.
            Awakening Audio Video Design
            www.awakeningavd.com

Christian Patrick Helvin
            www.christianpatrickhelvin.com

Comment

thnaks everyone, tightened up the whitespace, still fiddling with the frontpage format, menubar did not look right under the picture, but I fixed all my links, thank god for copy paste, since i spell so bad, got google to see me this week, will keep fussing, I like the domain name and thats one of the reason I bought this new site,,,,have lessons next two days, so will get back to it next week.
              cheers justine

Comment

Hi Justine great start.

I would consider adding more content with the keyword you wish your site to be prominent for. Place these keywords in your h1 heading and your meta desription.

I see your other .net site has No1 Ranking for the keywords,"Dog Obediance Training Oregon" and you also rank high for this site through a listing with oregonhemane.org.

I am not sure if you want to compete with your other site but you should consider adding more content having one main keyword for each page.

But well done and I love the photo of the Collie with the snow as a backdrop, looks great.
                Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.

Comment

Working...
                X