I am a Newbie. just downloaded today 12/28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am a Newbie. just downloaded today 12/28

I would like to build my website so that I can track and build a user list for future affiliate marketing. I am also new to affiliate marketing and havn't even built my first campaign. They say I should track the EMail addresses not only for future reference but to see if my competitors are running up my pay per click bill by continually viewing my site. Does this make sense? They suggest a "sqeeze page". Remember I am not a guru so go easy on the real technical stuff until I get up to speed.

Happy Holidays!

Woody

Re: I am a Newbie. just downloaded today 12/28

Hi Woody and welcome....

When you say 'They say...' who are you talking about, who is telling you what? I just want to know as you maybe getting someone giving you false promises of great riches that you will never see, don't pay for anything, if you are its most likely a load of rubbish.

A squeeze page is a page where people give your their email address for something in return, you maybe offering them a free gift or something, but they have to give you their details to receive it, this maybe a free ebook or something. Its a page to entice them to give you their details so you can send them offers in the future.

Again few people who don't know what they are doing will succed doing this, if any! The truth is it is a hard way to make money on the internet if your new to it all, even to them who have been around a while it can be hard, especially in the affiliate world. If placing a product on your site you need hits, which means a good site with plenty of work, don't just put a site out there with loads of products on it with little work, you will earn nothing. It is possible with a lot of research and help to make these sites work though.

Just don't fall for any 'Earn thousands in just one month' sketches...you wont!

Give me some more details and I will try and advise, not saying I am an expert, but I will try and help if I can.
    www.anxietynomore.co.uk
    The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
    Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
    Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Comment

Karel, Thanks so much for replying! It is heartwarming that you would take the time.

Here is my plan:

I signed up with the Affiliates Den online in hopes of learning the business.
      I have learned a lot in the last week.

The reason I wanted to build my own site was because of the following statement in their tutorial:

"with a sqeeze page you capture EMail addresses up front so you're building a list you can promote over time."

I was also concerned by the statement: your adword competitors will sometimes continue to click on your pay per click add running up the bill.

What I planned was to start my campaign and have the URL direct the customer to my one page website that would (if attractive) then send them to the site I am actually promoting. I could then monitor if my competitor is clicking away on my google sponsor site.

I wouldn't use the site as a squeeze page per say. Just a way to build a list and monitor the Email addresses for "funny stuff".

Does that make any sense?

Thanks

Woody

Comment

Hi Woody, O.k I am not sure if this affiliate den charges or not as it asks you to sign in. Again though don't fall for a load of claptrap about amazing riches and be careful about paying for anything.

I signed up with the Affiliates Den online in hopes of learning the business.
        I have learned a lot in the last week.
        Well that is the way forward, to learn. I have also learnt so much in the last two years, I go on other forums, marketing forums, affiliate forums etc..etc. Building your knowledge up is very important. I do have a friend who makes a very good living out of affiliate products, but he creates the products for others to sell.

The reason I wanted to build my own site was because of the following statement in their tutorial:

"with a sqeeze page you capture EMail addresses up front so you're building a list you can promote over time."
        This is true, you capture their email address and then you can send them offers in the future, if they are happy with the first they may want more. But first you may only get 1 in 50 who visit your site giving you the address, so again you need hits. So you need to find out what your niche is, what is the site going to be about? If you want to go down the affiliate route you need a good site, forget trying to get them to buiy anything for a while, build your traffic up, start a blog on your subject, write some articles and submit them to directorys, have a link building program. People have to find you in the first place and be interested in what you have to say. The first impression of your site is the most important.

I was also concerned by the statement: your adword competitors will sometimes continue to click on your pay per click add running up the bill.
        Adwords is another way to get traffic, although you have to pay for this. I do a little adwords, not much but a little, but I do pause it from time to time to see if it is still paying for itself. Again though DON'T have one page sale pages that people may click on, they have seen it a hundred times and click off, have a site where people may want to stick around, think what you would want if you were a customer. I am not sure that other people would click on your ads, really don't think they could be bothered, what would they gain? I would not worry about that, google also has a system that protects you if the same person did this.

What I planned was to start my campaign and have the URL direct the customer to my one page website that would (if attractive) then send them to the site I am actually promoting. I could then monitor if my competitor is clicking away on my google sponsor site.
        Again I would not go down the one page website route, you have very little chance of getting anywhere in the search engines, very little chance of anyone linking with you, very little chance of people clicking on your site and hanging around. Do it this way if you want, but if I see one of these pages I click straight off, but that's your choice. But you will just be relying on adwords for traffic and that can soon mount up if sales are poor.
        I wouldn't use the site as a squeeze page per say. Just a way to build a list and monitor the Email addresses for "funny stuff".

Does that make any sense?

Thanks

Woody
        Hope that is helpful, I don't mean to sound negative, just realistic. I have made all the mistakes that many others have and you learn from them. One of my first mistakes was thinking I could earn money on-line with little work. You only get out what you put in. I do go on a very good forum that covers everything, it maybe of use to you if you need furthur help, they are very good and I have met some very good contacts through there, email me if you want the address and good luck with your site.

Paul
        www.anxietynomore.co.uk
        The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
        Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
        Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Comment

Woody,

Another thought here: You do need to provide the recipients of your e-mails an opportunity to 'unsubscribe' in order to comply with the current laws. I know that I have provided my e-mail address (a yahoo address - not my real one) and after I've gotten what I wanted (or thought I wanted) I simply unsubscribed. I hate to 'rain on your parade' but I'd hate to see you get in trouble!
          Dan

"'Tis better to be silent and thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt." (A. Lincoln)

http://www.dpcCrazyCrafts.com

Comment

Working...
          X