New & improved website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New & improved website

Can anyone take a look at www.ourdordogneholiday.co.uk as this is my 2nd attempt at a website. I have not published a "Bunkbed room" page yet so this link wont work. But can someone please explain the following:

2 of my bedrooms have a # in the title but they fail to open, can I use # in a page name?

How can I get my "feathered edges" on my photo on my index page to fade into the background as apposed to having white edges?

When you mouse over the rooms or the area, my drop down menu overlaps the menu button below. How can I ensure that the drop down menu slides out completely free from the main menu? I have tried all the usual move front, move back etc but to no avail.

I hve not put my pictures thru Pixresizer yet, still in the process of doing all the "background" stuff!!

BIG thanks in advance to any kind soles who take a look.
    Linda

Re: New & improved website

Sorry but I already have a problem that I can't seem to resolve!! When I click on the sunflower next to the home button or indeed the home button I keep getting an error message & it doesn't go back to my home page, but I can't figure out why??

Cheers,
    Linda

Comment

Hi tazmarlin

I think the reason your link back to
      your home page doesnt work is because
      you have named it index

On your home page the "home" link reads
      www.ourdordogneholiday.co.uk
      but on all other pages it reads
      www.ourdordogneholiday.co.uk/index
      redo your link to the first url and I think
      it will work.

Try renaming your 2 bedroom links

Comment

Hi Linda

Your site is starting to take shape nicely. I would plan ahead though and decide what your main keywords are going to be. My colleagues here in the forum always say you need to plan to succeed.

For example do a google search on Dordogne to see what keywords your competition are using. You can view these by clicking on "View" at the top of your browser and then "Source". look under the meta tags.

You might consider keywords such as, "Dorsogne Homestay" and remember to try and have one main keyword per page. Search engines love content so you should consider more content on each page. Let your imagination run wild but remember to think about the terms people search on.

All the best.
        Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.

Comment

Thanks for that,

Will redo the url & also rename the bedrooms. I haven't got far enough yet to plan for the keywords but some very nice people on this forum have already supplied me with some & also where to find them. Can either of you help with my main image? I would love the edges to fade into the yellow background instead of the white one at the moment.

Thanks for your input.
          Linda

Comment

I have now fixed all the buggs, I hope. Can anyone help me with the drop down menus as no matter where I move them to, front, back etc, they overlap the menu buttons below?

Cheers,
            Linda

Comment

Hi Linda,
              try clicking on the menu area & you will get the 6 blue square handles. Take one of the right hand side handles & pull it out to the right. This may fix it. I notice that in Fire Fox it also feels like the menu is opening behind another object.
              Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Very nicely done. I noticed that the pictures are at the bottom of the page and it requires a scroll down, even though there is plenty of space between the writing and the pictures that you could raise the pictures up a bit and it can all be seen at once.

It looks like a real comfy place to vacation and it certainly accommodates lotsa people!

Comment

Hi Chris,

I have re-published my availability page & dragged the handles on "The Area" button & also moved to front. Whilst you can see the drop down menu over the top of the buttons, the yellow background still does not expand away from the original menu bar. Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks,
                  Linda

Comment

Hi, I maybe wrong! But are you using individual menu bars for each menu? It should look something like this image bellow & all be under 1 singe menu area. It may explain the overlaps.

Here’s a couple of reduced images at 55kb for the home page if needed. Will help with loading. The one you have is at 800ish kb.

Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the help with hte menu bar, I had inserted seprate ones instead of doing it like you stated!!! My only problem now is that all of the button names are too close together so my sunflower icons don't match. Is there a way that I can have a larger space in-between buttons? I will also use the re-sized pictures you kindly done for me & will put ALL my pictures thru the Pixresizer.

Thanks,
                      Linda

Comment

Working...
                      X