Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• error guestbook

Wish u a happy new year!

I´m adding a guestbook and I did somenthing wrong..I Guess..

This is what it says:
    Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@carlosmayor.org and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
    More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

please can someone give me a hand.
    Thanks a lot!

Re: error guestbook

Check your files / entire folder permissions. Files usually are set to 644, folders to 755. And, please clarify which guestbook youare talking about: the BV embedded one, or a third party one ?
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Im talking about BV guestbook
      I did set up to 777

Comment

Warning: filesize() [function.filesize]: stat failed for ./guestbookdb.php in /home/bfeodlob/public_html/guestbook.php on line 198

How can I fix this?

Thanks

Comment

Well...I'm still having troubles with this guestbook..

I've tried everything all ove again, now with the defaultname 'guestbook'.

I even tried to change the URL back to html and back to php, deleting the whole page over and over again and re-publishing..

But even now, i'm not even seeing the page...only:
          -------
          Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
          Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@carolinevandereerden.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
          More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
          Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
          ------

Not getting this...honestly.. anyone who does?

Comment

Check the file and folder permissions. Folder should be 755, file 644
            Navaldesign
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi Navaldesign!

I did change the folderpermissions.. But now, again, i see the page, but still a white blank box, where the guestbook should be..

I've tried changing the URL to html, tried publishing again.. I'm beginning feel like i'm an even bigger cyber-no-no that i already am..;)

Comment

A link please ?
                Navaldesign

Comment

www.carolinevandereerden.com/guestbook.php

thanks!!

Comment

Please, fo NOT use the name "guestbook.php" for your page! It conflicts with the guestbook file which you have also left with its default name "guestbook.php".

Publish your page as html (instead of php) OR save / publish it with another name (i.e. my_guestbook.html )
                    Navaldesign

Comment

Well, I tried it with the html name, but still then there is the sam error..

However, am gonna try again...

Comment

Ok i'm back...after several new publish and delete and over and over..
                        There is some movement.. but now the guestbook on the page is no longer white, but within the Guestbook-box there is the Internal Server-message..

I'm sorry if you're getting tired of me...but i'm really trying hard, if that's any help ;)

The link is now: www.carolinevandereerden.com/guestbook.html

Comment

At this point, it seems like your gustbook.php file has wrong permissions. try setting it to 644 and should be fine. If that doesn't work, post again.
                          Navaldesign

Comment

OH MY!! IT WORKS!!

Thanks so much Navaldesign for putting up with me!

*does a little dance*

Comment

Working...
                            X