form problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• form problem

I am creating a simple contact form on my site. The tutorials seem straight forward and easy and I followed it exactly. I copied and pasted the code on my thank you page but when I fill out the form I get a 404 error messaged.
    my site is www.bootcampsbykay.com and any of the "register" text will take you to the form page.
    Here's the link that I copy and pasted on my thank you page:

<?PHP
    $mailto = "j@email****.com";
    $email = $HTTP_POST_VARS['email'];
    if ($email == "") {
    $email = $mailto;
    }
    $mailsubj = "registration";
    $mailhead = "From: $email\n";
    reset ($HTTP_POST_VARS);
    $mailbody = "Values submitted from web site form :\n";
    while (list ($key, $val) = each ($HTTP_POST_VARS))
    {
    if ($key!="submit")
    {
    $mailbody .= "$key : $val\n";
    }
    }
    mail($mailto, $mailsubj, $mailbody, $mailhead);

Re: form problem

How is your "action" (thankyou) page saved and published ?
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Also-
      You have placed the php script inside your registration page. Please delete it from there and then re-copy the php script from the tutorial and paste it in your action.php page

The reason I say re-copy and paste is that the ending >? was missing off the above script that you posted and inside the page also.

Then save and publish your action.php page.

Andy
      PHP- is a blast!

Comment

hello andy,
        the page is saved as action.php
        I deleeted the code from the registration page and copied and pasted it again on my thank you page. I still get the same error message 404

Comment

Seems like there is no "action.php" page in your site. Connect with FTP or file Manager and check if the file exists, as well as it's permissions (if it exists)
          Navaldesign
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I'm a little lost... my thank you page is saved as action and php as the extension. I'm a real novice so I have no clue what you mean by 'connect witt FTP or file manager'. I've viewed the tutorial at least 10 times and it seems really easy and I've followed the instructions to the 't'. It still does not work so I'm really stuck... Is there something else I should be viewing and looking at? Please help...

Comment

BlueVoda comes complete with FTP whichis a software to browse / upload / download files from / to your site. In BV click on Tools, FTP MAnager, then provide your username and password, select your IP address (as you did when you started publishing pages) and cick on Connect. The content of your site will appear, in the right window, browse (scroll) to see if the file action.php is there. If it is there, right click it, Properties, and see if the permissions are 644, if not, change them to be 644.
              Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
              X