acuforall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• acuforall

I want to add health history forms for my patients to my web site. I have uploaded them to the FTP manager, but that's as much as I can figure out. Do they need to be in PDF form? IF so, how do I make them into PDF's? Can they just be Word documents? Do they need to be compressed or zipped or whatever? How do I get from having them in the FTP manager to getting them on the web site?

The site is www.acuforall.com

Thank You

Re: acuforall

Originally posted by acuforall View Post
    I want to add health history forms for my patients to my web site. I have uploaded them to the FTP manager, but that's as much as I can figure out. Do they need to be in PDF form? IF so, how do I make them into PDF's? Can they just be Word documents? Do they need to be compressed or zipped or whatever? How do I get from having them in the FTP manager to getting them on the web site?

The site is www.acuforall.com

Thank You
    Hi ... if you are wanting your patients to be able to fill out these forms on line then you will need to do things differently and that would be creating a form .. but if you are merely wanting these forms for the patient to be able to download and print then you could use a pdf - you create it in word and then you can convert your word document to pdf with a free pdf creator which you then upload via the ftp method to your directory and link to it with your domain name, name of pdf file followed by it's file extension .pdf - as an example
    www.urplace.com/patients.pdf

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, I want forms the patients can print, fill out with a pen (old technology) and bring with them for their first appointment.

I am following most of your reply. I've downloaded the software you suggested (can I assume it will be safe and virus free? My computer is telling me that executable downloads have the potential to harbor viruses). After I turn my word documents into PDF's and upload them to my directory using the FTP manager, how exactly do I "link" to them? I understand how they should be named (example: www.acuforall/healthhistory.pdf) but not how to then get them to show up as a link on the web page. Forgive me if this is blatantly obvious, but most of my web site was created for me in Blue Voda by a friend, and I am only just now figuring out how to get in here and do things myself.

Comment

This link would be the same as any other - type in whatever you want as text - for example you could say - Health History Form.

Then, highlight it and click on the hyperlink - and you'd have to then make the hyperlink a link like your page above - but do NOT forget the .com (www.acuforall.com/healthhistory.pdf)
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

I am definately getting closer. I have made my document into a pdf, uploaded it using FTP manager and used the hyperlink button to create a link out of the text Health History Form. Somehow, though, the link is not working. I have tried it a bunch of different ways. The PDF file is called healthhistory.pdf
          Not sure why it isn't linking, any help appreciated.

I entered the link as: http://www.acuforall.com/healthhistory.pdf

is there something missing here?

Thank you in advance

Comment

If you are 100% sure that the name is correct (this means all in lower case if that's what the link is) then try uploading it to your server again via FTP manager as sometimes they don't take first time.

Make sure you do it through the FTP manager on your BV program and not through your CP as this is easier.
            Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

If you need to - go into your control panel and find the uploaded pdf - make sure it's in the right location - and, as stated in the above post, named exactly as you're calling for it.
              Beth
              A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

Re: acuforall -- on linking to PDF

OK< still not working.

I have made a number of PDF's with the Primopdf free software. Am I missing a step? Do these need to be "Published"? Not sure what that might mean.

Anyway, then I connect to the FTP Manager. On the Left side, I open the file in which the PDF's are saved in My Documents. I select and drag the pdf file to the right side. Then I open the saved version of the page in which I want to place the pdf. I make a text box, write "Health History", highlight it, click on the "Link" icon, and choose:

Link type: http:
                URL: http://www.acuforall.com/healthhistory.pdf
                target: (this is blank)
                bookmark: (this is blank)

Now, I publish the page.

When I go on line to my website and click where the link should be, instead of being taken to the pdf I am taken to a page that says Not Found.

I have not used the control panel, so would have to research how to do this, but what do you mean by "make sure it is in the right location"?

I've tried the whole process again, with a second pdf called welcomeletter.pdf with the same result.

Should the url I am using to link the pdf also include which page of my website the pdf is on? I think I have tried it both with and without this info, but maybe I didn't put that part in correctly.

If I could sort this out in the next day or two it would be a huge help for my business.

Comment

No don't include the page name in the link, there is no need, and that wouldn't work anyway.

How are you placing the file on to your server, can you tell me?

and what folder are you putting it in on your server?
                  Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Sorery, I just noticed you already said in your post above how you were placing it on your server... my mistake!

Are you sure though it's going INSIDE your public_html folder?

Comment

OK, what is a public_html folder, and how would I know whether I am putting the pdf into it?

Comment

Hi, only an idea & i may of read the post wrong. But would it not be quicker to put a form on a page & have it printable so they can then sign it/print it & send it off in the post. Would look a lot neater as it will all be in typed text & will still have a place for a signature after the page has been printed out. Can try this sample.

Only an idea.

Good luck.
                        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Found the folder in question, I am trying to put the PDF's in it. They won't drag and drop in, when I use the "rename/remove" choice, drop down menu does not give me this folder as an option, when I enter public_html as where I want to move it to I do not see any evidence that it has moved. Next step, anybody? Thanks in advance

Comment

top right hand side of your FTP manager on the blue bar does it say something like this:

ftp://74.52.61.28/public_html

If it does then this is where you need to drag your file across to

Comment

To Chris, the forms in question are four pages of detailed health history, I can't imagine trying to create them as fillable forms on line, but thanks for the idea.

Comment

Working...
                              X