Website out of wack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website out of wack

I hope I am doing the right procedure. I built my site. I thought I published it. I was told by Beth that it isn't published yet? When I open it, the images and the text are out of wack, they don't line up. When people sign up for my request, they should go to my Thank You page, it doesn't work. I really need help. Here is my website address, Please take a look and let me know what I need to do. www.howtostartyourbiz.com Thank you so much. Dave

Re: Website out of wack

There are a few basic things you need to know .. the rest I suggest you view the tutorials ...

Open your pages and build your pages at '800 wide .. keep all elements within this width and begin building at the top left hand corner of your page, and choose your page properties by right clicking on your page, tick center in browser and be sure this says '800 wide there - the length is unimportant ..

You need to know that you name, save and publish your pages with the same name, all small letters, no capitals, no spaces between words unless the words are joined together with the use of the _ underscore symbol.

You need to know as well for your website to appear on the internet, that you need to create - name, save and publish a page called index .. again, just index, all small letters, no capitals, nothing else .. simply index

I am not sure if you need to review the tutorials on linking your pages together but there are some links and pages you will need changing .. I notice your Thank you page - it needs to be renamed as thankyou or thank_you and republished .. delete the old one from your computer after you have made this change ... and your other pages as well, Dave2 - needs to be renamed and at a later time you can delete this one you published in your control panel, but I suggest first you get a little more familiar with things ...

Good Luck .. post away your questions .. we are here to help ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

You have no home page? You MUST name your homepage ' index ' all in lower case and then publish as.
      Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Sorry Lady, typed same time as you
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Ramsey and Holly gave you the same information I did - I said you HAD some pages published but NOT an index page - which is what is a must - as that's the "home" page of your site. You need to get this fixed - then I suggested you post about the problem with the form - as the first needs to be fixed first (let's do things in order).
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

You also might want to consider doing a little "prep" work to your images before inserting and republishing your pages ..

For instance, this image can be resized properly using the free voda host pix resizer, and will reduce the kbs of your image as well as it's size, which is what you are doing by resizing your image on the page, however, your image remains the same kbs and will require longer loading time than if you resize, rename and reinsert your images onto your page and republish ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Here is a very userful link and will help a great deal ..

Video tutorials about how to create an amazing website with the BlueVoda website builder, brought to you by VodaHost web hosting.

As Beth says, you should post the problem with your form over in the form area of this forum.

Good Luck!! It's actually looking good .. good job!!
              aka Holly
              (lol Beth)

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Oh my! I think it's working! www.howtostartyourbiz.com
                I appreciate the help. Now I need to know how to add my Adweber to this site? Dave

Comment

Working...
                X