Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please help optimization of my web site.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help optimization of my web site.

Hello,

My Windameer Farm site was page rank 3 for a long time. the past few months it's fallen to page rank 1 so I have been working hard to optimize it. and with advice from lady eye I have added in some more descriptions and h1 - 4 tags. I don't know if I did it right or not.

I have sold all my goat kids this year do to my web site but not anything else so I really need to work on this ( goat kid sales don't cover my existence sorry to say. )

any advise you give I will apply to my site thank you,

Jolen
    sigpic
    www.windameer.com - Angora goats & Sheep

www.windameersfleamarket4u.com - An online Flea Market - frist year free !!

www.advertise.windameer.com - Free banner advertiseing for everyone.

Re: Please help optimization of my web site.

I just looked briefly (am cooking dinner - not a lot of time)

First - your h1 on the home page is "Specializing in Colored Angora Goats and sheep"
    It should ONLY be "Colored Angora Goats and Sheep" -specializing in doesn't need to be there and won't help but could hurt you.

As to the page rank - are you still getting the same traffic? I'm a big advocate of telling people to IGNORE their page rank - with one exception - if you're doing something wrong to possibly get banned.

Your h2 on the home page - no good - no reason for a tag there - AND that is where the h1 headline should be. If it's the most important - why isn't it on top?

You have some grammar and typing errors on the home page - that's bad for customers - and could even have been a reason for the drop in rank.

You have things clickable that shouldn't be - making the words clickable assigns them importance - and what you want those to be are words of the products.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thank you Beth,

I Changed things Around will you please take a look and see if it's better?. I'm sorry to say I'm not good at grammar or typing so I can't even see my mistakes if they are still there can you please point them out for me?

Jolen
      sigpic

Comment

I Changed things Around will you please take a look and see if it's better?. I'm sorry to say I'm not good at grammar or typing so I can't even see my mistakes if they are still there can you please point them out for me?
        Jolen, always use spell checker, you can be as bad at grammer as you want, this will sort out all the mistakes. I use word but there are a load of free programs out there, here is one www.spellcheck.net

As Beth says it is very important as it reflects on your site and google can drop you for it. Beth helped me more than anyone on SEO and some of my sites would not be ranked so high if it was not for her, so do take her other advice on board, she was a total star for me.
        www.anxietynomore.co.uk
        The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
        Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
        Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Comment

Originally posted by karel View Post
          Jolen, always use spell checker, you can be as bad at grammer as you want, this will sort out all the mistakes. I use word but there are a load of free programs out there, here is one www.spellcheck.net

As Beth says it is very important as it reflects on your site and google can drop you for it. Beth helped me more than anyone on SEO and some of my sites would not be ranked so high if it was not for her, so do take her other advice on board, she was a total star for me.
          Thank you Karel,

I try to run it all threw word first for spelling, I copied and pasted them into your checker and everything is spelled right, i think it's grammar not spelling or maybe I fixed it when I changed the things Beth said too.

I'm getting a little traffic but it's gone down and most is from bluevoda :) but I don't think they are going to buy my items.

I'm trying to get to the people that need the products I sell.
          sigpic

Comment

You fixed the grammar and typos when you moved your headlines :)

I like your new links in the sentence - but think you might want to reword it:

Mohair, wool, roving and doll hair colored angora goats and sheep are for sale from our farm.

This will get the names right there - and put them in with the products better in a sentence.

Be careful about your site updates corner. If someone just glances at it - like I did at first - it looks like you haven't updated since June. Unless you do that differently - I wouldn't have that corner the way it is. Instead, you might want to use it to say what's new.

I really don't recommend using site updates with a date - it can backfire.

Also, I would add all your links to your other pages at the bottom of the page with text links. Some people have trouble with those drop downs - and the se's don't read them. So you need a link to each of those pages on the page in another way - and a footer is very common and acceptable.
            Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thank you Beth,

I removed the update box, started my word links on the bottom of the page I have a lot more then to organize them and changed the sentence Should I link the Colored angora goats and sheep to one of the for sale pages for them?

Well I'll get the rest done tomorrow I'm tied and the little one gets up early lol. I did manage to get a new picture of her on the site and a short video of her playing in the snow with the new puppy on the family page :) boy do they grow fast.

Sorry about that I'm running off the subject a gain lol.

Jolen
              sigpic

Comment

Link anything that makes sense to link, so yes. And make a link from each of the pictures on the home page to the pages about those animals (or sales pages on those animals).

Good going so far :)
                Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                SEO - The Basics

Comment

Originally posted by Bethers View Post
                  Link anything that makes sense to link, so yes. And make a link from each of the pictures on the home page to the pages about those animals (or sales pages on those animals).

Good going so far :)

Good morning Beth,

I think I have the home page done for links. I'm going to start added the footer menu o to the other pages now.
                  sigpic

Comment

Beth do I need to do this with all my pages? I'm working on correcting my grammar eras. I have the home pages done .

do I need every link to every page for the footer menu? I have only a few 100 pages lol. I put in all the main ones already.

Thank you for your help,

Jolen
                    sigpic

Comment

If you have the main ones in the footer - and from those people can get to all the others - that's what you need. I saw what you did on the home page, I would just copy that footer onto all the other pages.
                      Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hi Beth,

Thank you I think I have the full site done now. I'm going to redo my ROR and resubmit it and see what happens.

Jolen
                        sigpic

Comment

You're welcome and I hope for good things for you. I see you have the entire farm for sale? It's in a beautiful area - and the price seems very reasonable - I'd think you could sell it fairly easily - specially if the house is in good shape. I'd sure come look if I wanted a place in NY. Drove past that area last July and loved it.

Good luck to you.
                          Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                          SEO - The Basics

Comment

yes the farms for sale, the house is sound, but needs updateing. It's a prity litle farm. but the cold has just gotten to me and made it hard to funchtion up here. I can sell it as long as I get it seen that part of the need for your help :)

I went to redo my ROR and the site mape genorateor wont work do you know how where I can get one made at?
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X