Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Okay, I came here to post MY website, I earned a stripe and chickened out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay, I came here to post MY website, I earned a stripe and chickened out!

YOU GUYS (and I'm from Virginia-a southerner) are too good! Some are first timers! and they all blow my socks off! Heck, I've learned more posting here than I ever did 'searching'!

First off, my site is too wide. It goes beyond the 800 pixels prescribed yet my 'centered' menu is to the right of my 'centered' logo..and I am NOT in control of my menu!

I spent an entire WEEK creating that navigation menu (is there a boo hoo hoo smilie?)

AND to get my mobile fish to be mobile I spent another WEEK (insert boo hoo hoo smilie here)

anyways PLEASE HELP ME!

On Edit: I am not finished by any means, but if I am messing up I would like to know before I spend weeks more finding stuff I got no business doin!

Re: Okay, I came here to post MY website, I earned a stripe and chickened out!

I have worked some more on the site, but don't want to waste TOO much time if it's too bad to be!

anyway, I have earned ANOTHER stripe by perusing and offering my take on all the sites here!

Who knows, I could become a general before I get any reviews?

(PS I am crying in my beer-well it's 5:00PM somewhere!)

Comment

Hi

I think people don't know what your site is about so don't know how to help you.

I think a more water color would look better for the back ground. maybe a description about what your site is for. you have your menu centered but not your page. I hope this helps some.

Jolen
      sigpic
      www.windameer.com - Angora goats & Sheep

www.windameersfleamarket4u.com - An online Flea Market - frist year free !!

www.advertise.windameer.com - Free banner advertiseing for everyone.

Comment

Thanks SO much..it already looks 1,000% better!!! I do need to make my home page about what I do etc and what the visitors can do...I have centered two pages but I think I need to change my page width...

YOU PEOPLE ROCK!!!

Comment

hi kathy ... thanks for your mesage in my guestbook ... I think you are off to a really great start ... yes ... your pages are too wide, also maybe consider changing the colour of the scroll bars so they blend in with your design more .. maybe use the mauvey colour ...

on the home page posibilities should be possibilities

I am not sure why half the text is capitalised and the other half is in sentence case? Capitals are only normally used for emphasis.

Your home page text is far too long ... a lot of the text you have on the home page is probably more appropriate on an about us type page ... Your home page is a grab page ... your only opportunity to make visitors want to visit more than the home page. Take a look at our websites and you will see what I mean ...

keep up the good work
          kym, merlin & tala
          creating white majick
          www.whiteshepherds.com.au
          www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
          www.merlinsmajick.com
          www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

Hi!
            I guess your most important word is "Fishsticks", right?
            I found a bit hard to read it..."tropical fishsticks" <<<this one.
            Have you thought about using an easier to read font?

Cheers,
            N Z B R
            t o u r s
            New Zealand Tours
            Excursiones en Nueva Zelanda
            Nova Zelandia Pacotes e Roteiros
            Nouvelle Zelande Voyage
            Neuseeland Reisen

Comment

I found the font very difficult to read. Also, when moving the fish to the stick, is something supposed to happen? If so, it didn't. If not, it didn't either <grin>.
              Dan

"'Tis better to be silent and thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt." (A. Lincoln)

http://www.dpcCrazyCrafts.com

Comment

Your site's different,but I like it.
                I'm also just learning css, I also use :
                W3Schools offers free online tutorials, references and exercises in all the major languages of the web. Covering popular subjects like HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Python, SQL, Java, and many, many more.

but best of all
                "VodaHost Community Forums"
                has a lot of people that know what there do'n!
                best of luck

Comment

whiteshephard..thanks

I did not even realize that I had caps on!! I have a laptop and sometimes the caps appear out of nowhere and with that font I had no idea they were caps, so I went back and fixed it all and paid more attention to what a cap font looked like vs the lower cases.

My eye for design needs some coke like glasses!!! Not my forte, but I wanna get my site to look good and become functional and fun.

Comment

nzbr....thanks

You are correct the hardest word to read IS 'fishsticks'..I will have to work on that, as you are correct..it being the more important word for a visitor to see. Like I told whiteshephard, my design talents are EXTREMELY limited!

It took me 3 months to get my first pages ready just to post, and it has been improved 1000% since I came here to ask for advice!

Comment

dankc908....thanks

I enlarged the font to make it easier to read, I like the font as it is 'playful' but as I told whiteshephard, I could not tell the capital fonts from the lower case ones,

I am going to make the fishstick a shopping cart, just give me a month to learn the drag and drop shopping cart and how to configure it...

I am no where near finished, but I wanted to find out how to improve my site before I spent too much more time on the project.

It is folks like ya'll who make this all worthwhile!

Comment

bob0usa....thanks

WOW, do I need THAT site!!! Thanks for the link, I am going there now to find out how to do a drop and drag shopping cart..

AFTER I learn the basics!!!

Coulda saved me a month, I am sure!

Comment

I like your concept. Your font is very hard on the eyes though. I would change it to something that is still fun, but easier to read.

Comment

I would start out with a section where you can explain what fishsticks are.
                            what are they?
                            John

Comment

Working...
                            X