Window within a Window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window within a Window

Hi everyone, I'm new to web design, so forgive me for my lack of terminology. I'm not sure of the actual term, but I want to have a text link on my page that opens a calculator or form in a smaller window on the same page. If you go to http://www.loanmortgagetools.com/ and click on one of the calculator links, you can see exactly what I'm talking about.

I have a feeling it's very easy, and if someone can clue me in, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
    BeauxArtsFair.com
    ShawnJohnsonPhotography.com
    GlassIllusions.net

Re: Window within a Window

Hi, this thread should help LINK
    Post NO: # 6 should do the trick.

Good luck.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

As Collectors-info has said post 6 from navel is a good way which opens a new window which is probably the easiest way, but if you were looking for the same as the site you have indicated then try this Link a bit more complecated but will give you the same as the site you posted. this also comes with as addon effect that can be seen HERE . You can check out some off the popups HERE to see some off the different sizes and things you can enter.

Comment

Ah! Like these ones Alien.
        Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks for all your help, however I'm having an issue. I went with Collectors suggested link, and I put in the following:

#" onClick="window.open('ipagio.com/monthly-payment-calculator.php', '','width=525,height=450'); return false;"

Into the URL box of the link properties, then I publish the page, but it keeps adding my URL to the front of it, for example:

http://mywebsite.com/ipagio.com/monthly-payment-calculator.php
          (this is not a link, just an example)

And of course it came back with "Website not found." Can I link to external websites with this method, or only to internal pages? If I can link to an external site, could you please tell me what I need to do?

Thanks again for all your help guys.
          BeauxArtsFair.com
          ShawnJohnsonPhotography.com
          GlassIllusions.net

Comment

Hi, you might need the full URL in the link, There is one of the BV menus that it wont work on. But cant remember which. I tried the one below & it seems to work fine.

#" onClick="window.open('http://www.ipagio.com/monthly-payment-calculator.php', '','width=525,height=450'); return false;"
            Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
            X