Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paypal continue shopping button

laurateague.com

the "continue shopping" button on my cart page is not working - it goes nowhere, does nothing. i've read a lot of posts about this but can't find "the fix". can anyone help me out here? thanks so much. laura

Re: paypal continue shopping button

You need to set the parameters for this button within your paypal account.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

thanks for your reply. i have looked at my paypal account - i have a business account and i have searched merchant services. i can't find the how i would configure the "continue shopping" button. could you please more specifically point me in the right direction?

thanks for your help with this. laura

laurateague.com

Comment

you will find tons of ideas and procedures to follow to get your pay pal to work if you go to the forum page. just look for pay pal and all your answers will be there. I have copied and pasted my experience with pay pal and you will have "add to card" , "view cart" and "buy now" options with pay pal. good luck and hope this helps.
        Hello;
        I have tried for several weeks to use the BV buttons and they do not work. I have determined that the only way to have your Pay Pal buttons work properly is to do what Lady Eye stated:
        1.Go to Pay Pal, become a merchant customer,
        2.set up your profile with Pay Pal as to Name of product, item number, freight, sales tax et...
        3. copy the code that pay pal gives you
        4. paste the code into the html box provided by BV
        5. place the html box on the page where you want the button to be.
        6. save and publish.
        Unless BV changes the code before it is chosen, the changing of the code will not work, at least it didnt with me.
        This was not difficult and provided the proper options when your customer goes to pay for your products.
        You can see how they work by going to
        www.scanportonline.com
        who knows you may end up buying something.
        Thanks,
        Mrmagoo144
        www.videopostcards.info
        mrmagoo144
        www.videopostcards.info

Comment

thank you - i have done all of this several weeks back - as a result all of my buttons work EXCEPT for the continue shopping button. if you can help me get that one button working properly, that would be great. i am using FF, if that matters. thanks. laura
          laurateague.com

Comment

You have to go back to Paypal - and find where they tell you what page the continue shopping should go to - and SET that page.
            Beth
            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

on the paypal site, i can't find any mention at all of the continue to shop button; it seems to automatically be there on the shopping cart page. am i being dense?? sorry - i just can't locate anywhere on paypal how to set the continue to shop button. i think i've looked everywhere on paypal but obviously i have missed this info. any help out there in vodaland?? please? thank you!! laura

laurateague.com

Comment

i just went to paypal.com and logged in, then went to mercant tab. when the page came up the first thing you see is add to cart button. when you fill out all the information and options that you are looking to create, then they will give you a code. copy and paste this code into a html box found on the left side of your builder. why not publish what you have so far so we can see the problem. you can see how i used the pay pal on a site by clicking on this link:
                www.scanportonline.com/barrettes.html
                the code you get from pay pal will include the continue shopping option. just try one of the buttons. if you try to use the pay pal buttons from the builder you will not get the continue shopping option.
                if you need more help you can contact me through my website and i will walk you through this.
                hope this helps,
                mrmagoo144
                mrmagoo144
                www.videopostcards.info

Comment

hi - all buttons have worked (& are working) correctly except for the continue shopping button. no problem with the add to cart buttons. that was all easy. i'll contact you thru your website - maybe you have info about the continue shopping button. thanks. laura

my website is laurateague.com if you want to look. maybe you can see an error. thanks again.

Comment

mr magoo - i just went to your site and your continue shopping button is not working (just as mine is not working). i think the problem is Firefox, which is the browser i'm using. i think mine works in IE. thanks. laura

Comment

hi - i have so far found no solution thru either this forum or thru paypal to get the continue shopping to work correctly when using firefox. it is no problem in internet explorer, only with firefox. i did find a lengthy discussion with all sorts of possible "work around" html fixes but none of it worked for me. many sites that i access using firefox do not have working continue shopping buttons. oh, well. if anybody has a sure-fire fix, let me know! i'll try anything that i haven't already tried! thanks. laurateague.com

Comment

Hi lj

I am not a firefox regular user, but I think what happens is firefox pulls up the paypal page when you add to cart as another browser window, but when you click continue shopping the paypal page itself does not budge, two windows are open, one with the website and one with the paypal page .. so seems you need to go back to the website page and add to cart again, the changes do occur on the paypal page with the additional product added, but the paypal page itself doesn't budge until you hit continue to check out .. where with internet explorer the process seems to go through seamlessly - add to cart, continue shopping, all within the same browser window ...

IE6 till death do us part ... lol

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                        02036089024 / United Kingdom
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by ljteague View Post
                          hi - i have so far found no solution thru either this forum or thru paypal to get the continue shopping to work correctly when using firefox. it is no problem in internet explorer, only with firefox. i did find a lengthy discussion with all sorts of possible "work around" html fixes but none of it worked for me. many sites that i access using firefox do not have working continue shopping buttons. oh, well. if anybody has a sure-fire fix, let me know! i'll try anything that i haven't already tried! thanks. laurateague.com
                          lj did ypu ring paypal for info on this...isnt (continue shopping ) part of the payment on a paypal page?......do you think it could have something to do with the paypal rether then your pages!! you could try deleteing your buttons and going back to paypal and makeing them again. :) it may have an error in the html code it gave you. just a thought! hope this helps am pritty new to this all myself so good luck.
                          Organic Baby
                          www.little-butterfly.co.uk
                          Please review my site: Thank You :)
                          www.qype.co.uk/place/113508-little-butterfly-Huddersfield

Comment

Originally posted by adele1972 View Post
                            lj did ypu ring paypal for info on this...isnt (continue shopping ) part of the payment on a paypal page?......do you think it could have something to do with the paypal rether then your pages!! you could try deleteing your buttons and going back to paypal and makeing them again. :) it may have an error in the html code it gave you. just a thought! hope this helps am pritty new to this all myself so good luck.
                            no .. it's not an error in her code .. it is the way the firefox browser operates, opening a new window for every page . ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                            02036089024 / United Kingdom
                            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

hello, sorry i havent responded to this - i will be speaking with Pay Pal to find out why it doesnt work in Fire Fox. Another solution that I will use is to put a note on the Pay Pal page to use the "back" button if you do not see the "continue shopping" option. Thanks for pointing this out, as I like Lady eye do not use Fire Fox and did not know this was an issue.
                              mrmagoo144
                              www.videopostcards.info
                              mrmagoo144
                              www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Working...
                              X