Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Layers problem ?

Hi,

If I create a colored shape on my page to use as a text box, and fill it several seperate items such as some text , buttons , and images, is it possible to lock all this as one moveable object?

The problem is if I change my page layout and want to move this shape and it's contents down the page, everything has to be moved seperately and re-aligned.

An example are the two (Method 1 and Method 2 ) boxes on this page of a website I am creating - There are several elements in each box;

Thanks in advance for any help!
    www.punchardrenovation.com
    www.direct2view.com
    client ID 10225

Re: Layers problem ?

hold down shift and click on each element you want to group together then right click ans select group ... voila now they act as one ... but to modify any of the elements you will have to ungroup them ...
    kym, merlin & tala
    creating white majick
    www.whiteshepherds.com.au
    www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
    www.merlinsmajick.com
    www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

Hi Paul,
      Its a good suggestion above, but have often found items straying when moving in groups. The only other thing i can suggest is popping your text & other bits into 1 table with separate rows. (IE: 1 column & 6 rows) Then if needed, just add another row. The only other thing is

Interesting site you are working on & will keep an eye on the results. Have been looking at different systems myself using mobile phone phone to send a text & possibly single images via sms. The nice thing is that it means no phone line or power in needed if set up with a large battery & solar panel chargers. It can work out very reasonable on costs.

Good luck.
      PS is the camera working as yet on this page as i couldn't get through.

Cheers.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks Whiteshepherd and Chris for the replies. Personally I prefer the grouping method on my existing layout, although I understand how using a table could do it too!

Chris - regarding the new website I am working on, this is all relatively new to me. Although I used to do a fair amount of standard CCTV in the Uk years ago, the technology has advanced and so I am still in the early stages of setting this up.

Chris I was interested to hear that you say you couldn't get through ? How did you try to access the camera? Normally, to access the DVR and control the cameras you need a user name and password which I havn't set up yet as the site is not finished. Once I am ready I will post the site here for constructive criticism so would welcome your ( and any others') comments.

The system via mobile phones, although somewhat limited sounds VERY interesting, as one of the donwsides of my method is that not everybody has internet access in rural France.
        www.punchardrenovation.com
        www.direct2view.com
        client ID 10225

Comment

Ah! I clicked on the top right image of the farm thinking the cameras were on a server 192.168.1.108 or that it was an ip for a single camera. But didn’t realise it may not be working yet. (What am i?) lol. You may have of had a good look into the remote monitoring & remote switching side of thing before. But there are a couple of links that may interest you if you haven’t already found them. With some of this you can have a remote computer, actually turned off & remotely power up & boot the machine with very little work. If you then have remote access to the machine it will open up a whole load of remote possibilities, especially if the house already has some automation like the last link below.

Good luck.

4 channel remote switch via phone via land line.

8 Chanel input & out put control via mobile sms & key pad impute.

Another Mobil unit.

Another mobile unit.

Some other home automation stuff that would be handy via remote.
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

hello another method is to make your page an image and bring in the image. if you save the image in png then you could make necessary changes in your new page then import the new page as an image. i had to do this for an account and it works fine. here is the example:
            www.caughtontape.biz/pcaboutus.html
            hope this helps,
            mrmagoo144
            mrmagoo144
            www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Working...
            X