• Show
Clear All

• Win XP SP3

Just installed XP SP3 from...

no problems and pc seems a lot faster

http://www.plusplace.co.uk
    royb@plusplace.co.uk

Re: Win XP SP3

Good to hear, did not know it just came out. Is this still in development? Anything new?
    Best regards,
    Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy View Post
      Good to hear, did not know it just came out. Is this still in development? Anything new?
      It says this on the page:

This pre-release software is provided for testing purposes only. Microsoft does not recommend installing this software on primary or mission critical systems. Microsoft recommends that you have a backup of your data prior to installing any pre-release software.

So that's keeping me away just for now..
      Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

SP3 has been distributed for some time now, and is merely a collection of previously released patches with a few new ones bundled.

Welcome aboard!
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

If something's not broken why try to fix it? I'm happy with what I got, it does what it says on the tin anyway.
          Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Originally posted by Marincky View Post
            If something's not broken why try to fix it? I'm happy with what I got, it does what it says on the tin anyway.
            Ditto to that.
            got anther machine a wile back with vista installed. What a load of ????? & nothing but problems. Went back to my old machine with XP. No problems at all.
            Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Chris,

my partner has Vista and I am totally with you on this one.

Vista is NOT ready and should never have been bought out until it was. It conflicts with EVERYTHING and ANYTHING and it has slowed the process of using a PC down to around twice as long as prior.

We bought a 'VISTA COMPATIBLE' Printer last week..

VISTA COMPATIBLE MY BACKSDE!!! Crashed the PC totally.

Vista makes Norton look user friendly!!!

Comment

I have Windows Vista and have no problems with it. You just need to have time and patience to play around with it and discover what kind of platform it actually is.

I find it brilliant and unique and I have no problems with it what's so ever. There are many new things that I am discovering every day with Vista - the only problem is Microsoft does not make you aware of these things.

There is going to be a Vista Service Pack 1 coming out in mid June or July which will probably mean Microsoft will stop giving support for the XP platform and tell their users to move on and get with the program!
                Best regards,
                Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

There is going to be a Vista Service Pack 1 coming out in mid June or July which will probably mean Microsoft will stop giving support for the XP platform and tell their users to move on and get with the program!
                  I know... It's like that feeling I get when I know I have to go to the dentist! You know you are gonna have to go at some point but you sure don't want to!

Comment

Haha!
                    Best regards,
                    Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

OMG ..... How long have discussions been going on about this already???

Vista is dead in the water, and Vienna is going to begin rollout in November 2008 (remember Vienna is the OS with 100% online applications = without internet connection, your computer is worthless), so any "Service Pack" for Vista is too little too late.

XP, by consumer default, will be supported officially by MS until 2010, and is stable enough to remain usable for years thereafter. However, it is recommended that Users purchase CD's to have as backup ASAP, while they are still available (also allows booting onto multiple computers as desired).

This is the best price/version I found.

The only real remaining "discussion" is how many of us will venture forth to learn Unix/Linux or opt to just buy an ***** when the time comes......
                      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
                      X