Information on Google

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Information on Google

I admit my memory is not what it used to be, so I need a quick reminder about something I did awhile ago.
    I remember putting information in an area on my website that is put on the Google search page. It may not have been on the site itself but it was concerning the site http://www.profitinforeclosures.com
    Can someone tell me where to find that area so that I can edit the info I originally put in?
    Thanks,
    Don
    RENT TO OWN A Home With No Qualifying FREE Manual Shows You How. Buy With A Lease Option

Re: Information on Google

Are you talking about the meta information - keywords, etc?

In your sitebuilder they are in your page properties..
    Liz
    www.sebastopolparty.com
    www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

The page description meta tags section doesn't appear to edit the search index listing I have in Google if I'm using it correctly. Is there a way to change that listing?
      Is there a way to even contact Google in any manner?
      Don
      RENT TO OWN A Home With No Qualifying FREE Manual Shows You How. Buy With A Lease Option

Comment

I've done more reading on Google and would like to know if I have this right about search index listings. On page properties in the meta tags the description that is currently there and is different from the original one will change in the search index over time.
        That's good if I've got it right. Next question is how do I get a different headline in the listing? Where was that entered originally? Mine just uses the first sentence from the body of the listing. I need something better as a headline to draw attention.
        Thanks,
        Don

Comment

Originally posted by donprofit View Post
          I've done more reading on Google and would like to know if I have this right about search index listings. On page properties in the meta tags the description that is currently there and is different from the original one will change in the search index over time.
          Correct
          Next question is how do I get a different headline in the listing? Where was that entered originally? Mine just uses the first sentence from the body of the listing. I need something better as a headline to draw attention.
          Thanks,
          Don
          It's your page title. In the same section where you changed your meta tags description, under the 'General' tab, the first item is 'Title:'

Comment

The page description meta tags section doesn't appear to edit the search index listing I have in Google if I'm using it correctly. Is there a way to change that listing?
            Is there a way to even contact Google in any manner?
            Don
            This is not Googles problem so they can't help. If you do as above it will show, this is what is coming up at the moment.

A report on how the foreclosure process works, where to find more foreclosure and short sale information, with methods of using all this information to buy ...

Is this what you have placed in your description box? Also you need to title your pages.

On another topic I would take the adsense off and place the menu buttons down there. Also change the button style so your text is readable on them.

Paul
            www.anxietynomore.co.uk
            The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
            Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
            Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Comment

Google and all the se's can pick ANYTHING they want to display- part of the page, the title, the description. You can't determine what they'll pick. But having a good title and description helps, cuz they do pick those quite often.

However, don't be surprised when you see a sentence or words picked somewhat randomly from the page.
              Beth
              A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
              X