Flash, Windows Media, Quicktime?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flash, Windows Media, Quicktime?

My site will be used to advertise music video production. First, what is the difference in "VBS Script" and "Java Script"- which should I use? Should I put my demonstration movie clips in Flash, Windows Media, or Quicktime? Macintosh users will need Quicktime to view- right? And what does "Active X" do for me? What is the difference between JAVA and JAVASCRIPT?

Many questions- sorry. Thanks!

Re: Flash, Windows Media, Quicktime?

VBS and JavaScript are scripting languages that can extend your web page functionality in the browser. Active X is in the same category. As to which is better, I would say JavaScript, at the top of the list of reasons why, IE is the only browser that will work by default with Active X and VBS.

I would use Flash. Its free for anyone to download, most people have it, and if they don't it doesn't require them to register or just through hoops to get it installed and running. Plus the file sizes are smaller making the video load faster.

JavaScript is a web based language, while Java can be used on a website as a web *****t, is mainly used for executable programs.

I hope that helps

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

[quote=Watdaflip;203171]VBS and JavaScript are scripting languages that can extend your web page functionality in the browser. Active X is in the same category. As to which is better, I would say JavaScript, at the top of the list of reasons why, IE is the only browser that will work by default with Active X and VBS.]

Are you saying I should choose JavaScript, instead of VBS? Thanks!

Comment

It would depend on what you need to accomplish, but generally I would use JavaScript.

What are you trying to do?

Register/Login Script
        Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

The tutorial says to choose between VBS and javascript. My site will be fairly normal, except I want to be able to have visitors click on my demo videos.

Comment

I assume you mean you want have users click on the video to start it.

If you use flash, there are flash players for the videos that have this feature built in (kind of like when you see a youtube video on someone else's site, it has it so you click to start it).

Register/Login Script

Comment

Working...
            X