How about some code changes foe Xmas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about some code changes foe Xmas

Having made use of the early Xmas present you guys gave us, I now have 3 separate domains. When publishing to latest acquisition, I was amazed to find that the IP address of the new domain host server did not appear in the IP address list.

This I solved by running ping -a ,from the command line. Using the old grey matter I re-downloaded the BV setup.exe from Vodahost ( There's no reference to this new build in forums?) and presto the IP address which I required showed up.

On this note, how about 2 enhancements to BV editor

1. In publish web page dialog how about a Domain lookup feature so as to make life easier.--- The new account information e-mail notice is server name based (ns1-ns6)--- The dialog box only supplies IP values.

2. In the menu bar help section, how about a check for updates feature. (Self explanatory)?

Merry Xmas all
    To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research!

Re: How about some code changes foe Xmas

Please click the link below to download 7.6.0 B

This wall solve all your IP issues

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: How about some code changes foe Xmas

Originally posted by VodaHost
      Please click the link below to download 7.6.0 B

http://support.vodahost.com/index.ph...wnloaditemid=1

This wall solve all your IP issues
      This I have already figured out. The problem remains that the different domains are not consilidated on a single IP address and that I have to double check that the corresponding IP address resolution points to the correlating domain before publishing ( a real pain!) Have already accidentally overwritten one domain with the updates of another domain.
      A domain lookup feature would make life easier. The ideal solution would be for the web publish dialog to ask me for conformation before publishing i.e. If I want to publish to domain name blah blah .com are you sure ?
      before actually initializing procedure.
      To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research!

Comment

Working...
      X