First Flash Site! <looking for feedback>

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Flash Site! <looking for feedback>

I've been working on web sites for a few years now and am now going hard at flash as well. This is my first full flash site and was wondering what people here think about my flash skills.

The site has a title page which leads to a main page with working links, the sub links are not done yet and there are a few tweaks yet to come on how windows work within the site, Any and all comments welcomed!

www.golddraco13.com

GD13,

Re: First Flash Site! &lt;looking for feedback&gt;

it doesnt work - is your intro page done in flash as well. it doesnt do anything but go over the links. is that what you wanted? also when i pressed enter the first time it stalled at 30, the second at 160. We did an intro page using flash:
    www.caughtontape.biz
    mrmagoo144
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Hi, nice looking site with fast pages. Couple of suggestions.
      The opening page is great, but I went for the text in the top left corner thinking it was a linked menu. Might be an idea to pop a link on to this area as well as the arrow.
      The main inside area look really nice with the way the menu works & the gold style background. Not sure on the white text over the brownish image. Made it a little harder to read than possibly a slightly plainer background for this area. But nice looking site.

Good luck.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

The sheer size of the portal load and the "site" load (close to 1/2MB !!!) indicates the site to be extremely not user-friendly, and for the value of the visuals that do present once loaded, it is disappointing all together.

For one commanding premium prices, it would be common for the site itself to speak volumes about the work you are capable of, and further, to provide a portfolio of some sort for potential clients to be both assured and inspired by. As it is now with such a lack of meaningful content (regardless of whether or not you yourself are capable of optimizing Flash), the "bare-bones" approach is unfulfilling entirely, and is not credible in that aspect.

Navigation was mentioned above.......to me, it seems that you are using an HTML styled system only applied in Flash: would have been nice to see you commit to a Flash display, to make it worthwhile.

I didn't get enough information or compelling desire to think this site to be a serious resource for Flash or web design.

But....that is just my opinion!
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

sorry ... but I agree with what Vasili has said ... there is nothing there to compel me to contact you to find out more ... no work; no photos; not much about you ... etc ... I do like the basic design of the gold but am not a fan of windows popping into the page ... if I am going to pay someone to do work for me I want to see much more before I would take the time to contact someone ... there are so many to choose from ..
          kym, merlin & tala
          creating white majick
          www.whiteshepherds.com.au
          www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
          www.merlinsmajick.com
          www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

I couldn't get the page to load either. May try again later.
            Affordable Medical Insurance
            Discount Dental Plan
            Washington State Health Insurance
            Temporary Health Insurance
            Homeowner Insurance Quote

Comment

Working...
            X