meta NAME="RESOURCE-TYPE" CONTENT="DOCUMENT">
    <meta NAME="DISTRIBUTION" CONTENT="GLOBAL">
    <meta NAME="COPYRIGHT" CONTENT="Copyright (c) 2005 by Your Name">
    <meta NAME="ROBOTS" CONTENT="INDEX, FOLLOW">
    <meta NAME="RATING" CONTENT="GENERAL">
    <meta name="revisit-after" content="14 Days">
    <meta name="language" content="English">
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1253">

i just wnated to know if the Your Name bit should be wrote like www.yourname.com or just your Name (without the www) or yourname(joined up)

2)do ineed to submit my url every time i update my site

3)can i get a counter for my site

4)when you create a site map do you save it just sitemap.xml or yourname/sitemap.xml

and finally 5) when you upload robots.htm and sitemap.xml files do you go to ftp manager, connect and then just drag and drop them in the root side

please can somebody answer these questions as best as possible as i am a complete novice at this

p.s is there a tool anywhere that tells me how well my site will look to robots and serch engines e.t.c

thanks
    hazy

www.thelimoseeencompany.co.uk

Re: not sure

Originally posted by hazywazy
    hi

please could some body answer a few questions im a little concerned

1) i copied and pasted this

meta NAME="RESOURCE-TYPE" CONTENT="DOCUMENT">
    <meta NAME="DISTRIBUTION" CONTENT="GLOBAL">
    <meta NAME="COPYRIGHT" CONTENT="Copyright (c) 2005 by Your Name">
    <meta NAME="ROBOTS" CONTENT="INDEX, FOLLOW">
    <meta NAME="RATING" CONTENT="GENERAL">
    <meta name="revisit-after" content="14 Days">
    <meta name="language" content="English">
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1253">

i just wnated to know if the Your Name bit should be wrote like www.yourname.com or just your Name (without the www) or yourname(joined up)

2)do ineed to submit my url every time i update my site

3)can i get a counter for my site

4)when you create a site map do you save it just sitemap.xml or yourname/sitemap.xml

and finally 5) when you upload robots.htm and sitemap.xml files do you go to ftp manager, connect and then just drag and drop them in the root side

please can somebody answer these questions as best as possible as i am a complete novice at this

p.s is there a tool anywhere that tells me how well my site will look to robots and serch engines e.t.c

thanks
    hazy

1. Your Name, that's your real name if you want it to be there, or your site name, whatever you prefer

2. Whenever the sitemap is changed, not when you make minor updates

3. You mean visitor counters? make a Google search based on "script". There are lots on the net
    4. sitemap.xml usually there is also a sitemap.html page for your visitors to see.
    5. Exactly
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

My 2 cents are free!

1) no sure why you are entering copyright meta not needed. But if you insist copyright(c)yourdomain.com

2) Do not submit everytime you update your site even if you change your sitemap! This is very important.

3) What kind of stats counter would you like? I use the invisible version planted on the bottom of the page visit ww.statscounter.com just add another w didn't want to leave a full link. You can put and customize this stats counter for each page. Stats are updated in real time and yes its free!

4) There are several ways of creating a site map. I use the xml one for now until my site is finished. Create the xml use the ftp upload it to the root directory. Name the sitemap.xml
      the url ww.yourdomain.com/sitemap.xml

I hope this helps. pet121

Comment

thanks for that

also do ineed to create a new sitemap every time i update my page

haz

Comment

Originally posted by hazywazy
          thanks for that

also do ineed to create a new sitemap every time i update my page

haz

Create a new site map if you create a new page. Its not crucial to rush and go do it right away, but get it done at some point. pet121

Comment

what do tou mean, if you add a new brand new page(which im not) or if update an existing page(which i have)

haz

Comment

If you create a new url but if your just adding content to a already existing page the xml does not have to be updated.

Comment

thanks pet

ur a great asset

haz

Comment

Re: another question

okay...i used the meta generator on a site recommended on here. It came up with this as opposed to what is shown above. Do I use this or whats above, which is better, and if I use the below, am I not just repeating the meta keywords that vodahost already puts in? Hope this makes sense.

Cut these metatags and paste them between your HEAD tags.

<meta name="Keywords" content="private investigator fort worth, texas, dallas, DPS, licensed investigators, Tarrant County, Parker County, Dallas County, investigater, www.erinvestigatio">
                  <meta name="Description" content="Private Investigators in Fort Worth Texas serving the Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex and Weatherford Texas areas.">
                  <meta name="Robots" content="index, follow">
                  <meta name="Revisit-After" content="7 Days">

Comment

Working...
                  X